30 [edited]

Chapter 30:
Revealing the Truth

Reaching my high school, I rush out of the taxi, leaving Moonbin behind to pay the taxi fare. I'm sure he can catch up with me.

And I'm right. Soon enough, I find Moonbin falls in step behind me. My first destination is, of course, our class. But it is empty. Today is weekend so there is no school.

I wander around the hallway, both me and Moonbin shouting for Eunwoo but we receive no response from the latter.

Then, a thought comes to me.

Perhaps he is at...

I sprint my way to the rooftop, the place where it hold a memory of us. The place where he rejected me. The place where our yet-to-begin-love-story is ruined before it even starts.

I barge inside the rooftop. My eyes instantly search for his figure. I gasp the moment I see him lying on a bench.

"Hey Cha Eunwoo!" I rush to his side. His eyes are closed as if he is sleeping but when I touch his forehead, it's burning hot.

"Nuna!" Moonbin finally arrives at the scene. His eyes widen in shock when he sees me and Eunwoo, and he runs to our side.

"Is he alright?" Moonbin eyes are wide with concerns. I shake my head, "He has a high fever. I think we should take him to the hospital."

Eunwoo suddenly stirs and opens his eyes. "No.." He blurts out weakly. "Not the hospital."

Moonbin look at me, asking me with his eyes and I sigh. "Lets just take him home." I decide. It will be a problem with the medias if he is brought to the hospital.

Moonbin nods understandingly. "I'll call the hyungs." He walks to the corner and get his phone to call the others.

"Eunwoo-yah, can you get up?" I ask him. Despite the cold weather, he is sweating profusely. His breathing is uneven and his face is as white as a paper.

He nods his head but makes no attempt in getting up. Instead, his hand reaches for mine and he holds it as tight as he can.

"Eunbi-yah, do you remember this place?" He asks faintly. I'm surely taken aback with his question.

"Of course I remember this place. You make this place an unforgettable place for me." is what I want to answer but I hold it in, answering him with a simple "Yes"

"This is where... I had hurt you, didn't I?" He diverts his eyes to look at me. "I am sorry."

He takes me off guard with his apology. It still hurts whenever I remember that memory.

"I'm so sorry." He tightens his hold on my hand. "Really sorry."

"Stop saying sorry." I pull my hand off his hold. "I don't want to remember it so don't remind me about it."

Eunwoo coughs and guilt immediately rushes over me. "You're not the only one who is hurt because of what I have done. I am hurt too. I was just so stupid back then that I didn't realize that I'm hurting both of us."

I look at him blankly. I don't know what to say. The memory is too painful for me to say anything about it.

"Actually, even from the start, I have feelings for you."

What?

"I really like you but I couldn't accept your confession." He coughs again. He should just rest for now but I'm dying to know his reasons.

"Why did you do that?" My voice appear colder than I intend to.

"Dream." He laughs weakly, "It's because of my dream. A week prior to that, I have already signed the contract to be an idol, I can't date anyone. But you— you make it so hard not to do that. How can I not date you when you already confessed to me that you like me too?"

"Then you should have told me about that. Why did you insult me? Why did you have to make me feel like I'm a—" I can't say it. I don't want to say it. It will only tear apart my heart again.

"It's the only way to stop me from dating you. If you hated me, then I wouldn't have chances to date you. It's stupid, I know, but that's the only way I could think of to stop myself from accepting you."

Eunwoo slowly rise up to sit on the bench. He reaches for my hand again and pull me closer. "Lee Eunbi, forgive me." He hugs me and least to my expectation, he starts to cry.

"I'm sorry." He whispers out.

For a moment, I just let him cry on me. All of these are too much for my brain to process. He is so stupid for doing that. He is stupid, dumb and a biggest jerk ever.

I huff and push him away slightly, taking a step away from him. "Yeah, you are so stupid for thinking to use this way to me. You know, I hate you for doing this to me but I hate myself more because even if I want to hate and forget you forever, I could never do it. This feeling never disappear no matter how hard I try. That's why I'm always in pain. Everytime I remember what you have done to me, my heart will break into pieces."

I felt a drop of water hit my cheek and that is when I realize that I'm crying.

"And right now, you break my heart again. Why did you left without saying anything? Why did you make me worried? I thought you had left me forever. I thought you will be gone from my life. I thought I will lose you again." I sob uncontrollably.

"Sorry." Eunwoo whispers, dropping his head as he cries. "I'm so—" he doesn't finish his words when he collapses down.

"Eunwoo-yah!" I catch Eunwoo before he falls to the floor. Moonbin hurriedly comes to my side and helps me support Eunwoo.

"Lets go." He says and I nod.