26 [edited]

Chapter 26:
Flashback

A/N: This chapter is a flashback during their high school year.

[ Eunbi P.O.V ]

I can do it.

Can I?

After taking a few deep breaths, I approached Dongmin who was sitting on the bleachers. Our PE class had ended five minutes ago and everyone had returned to the class.

He was alone, probably waiting for his best friend, Seokmin. I wasn't sure but seeing that he was alone right now, I should just take this moment to do it.

Dongmin looked up when he noticed my presence and he shot me a questioning look.

"Hey." Adrenaline rushed inside my body when I finally greeted him and thank god, he smiled to me, greeting me back.

"Eurmm-" I started. What did I want to say earlier? Aishhh, why couldn't I remember anything now? God, now I probably looked like a stupid girl.

"Yeah? Do you want to say something to me, Lee Eunbi?" Dongmin chuckled, his face painted in amusement, making me blushed a crimson red.

"Actually I... I want-" Stupid Eunbi! Stop stammering, idiot!

"You want what?" Dongmin raised his brows, putting his hands into his pants pocket.

I bit my lip hard, hoping that the pain could bring some sense into myself. I should stop making fool of myself, say the word and get it done.

Taking another deep breath, I finally spoke up, "Actually I have feelings for you."

It was silence for a good five seconds before Dongmin blurted out, "Huh?"

"I like you." I spoke again, this time clearer, my head hung low.

Time felt as if it stopped for a moment. Dongmin was surely taken aback as he didn't say anything.

"Eunbi-yah.." Dongmin called out and I looked up slowly, his shock face greeted me.

The gym door suddenly slammed open, startling us and in came Seokmin. He was surprised to see me but still gave me a wide smile as he approached us.

"Hey Eunbi!" Seokmin greeted cheerfully, completely oblivious with the tension in the air. "What are you guys talking about?" He looked at Dongmin and I back and forth, looking innocent.

"Nothing, I just told him something." I told Seokmin, smiling awkwardly. I glanced at Dongmin and he was staring at me, unexplainable look in his eyes.

"Really? Then Dongminnie, lets go to the cafe and grab something to eat!" Seokmin draped his arm around Dongmin's shoulder, dragging him away.

Before they exited, I noticed Dongmin glancing at me for one last time before disappearing behind the door.

You know what, I kinda regretted that I decided to tell Dongmin about my feeling. He didn't say anything to me afterwards. He even ignored me for the god sake.

Good job Lee Eunbi! You succeeded in making the situation became even awkward than before.

Lunch time. Instead of going to the dining hall, I went to the rooftop with my lunch; a loaf of bread and a bottle of mineral water.

I needed to be alone so that I could scold myself for acting reckless and stupid. The day ahead felt gloomy, thanks to that stupid confession of mine.

I was about to tear open the bread packaging when the door to the rooftop was pushed open and my eyes widen when I saw the figure of Dongmin.

He looked shock too, maybe he didn't expect me to be here. But neither do I. For a moment, we just stared at each other until I looked away.

Dongmin strutted inside and least to my expectation, he sat down next to me. I froze in my place, not knowing what to do.

"Aren't you going to eat that?"

"Huh?" Was he talking to me?

"That." Dongmin gestured to the bread in my hand. "Just eat. I won't disturb you."

"Ohhh.." Obidiently, I opened the pack and stuffed my mouth with the cream bread.

Eunwoo heaved a sigh, "You know... About your confession earlier-"

The bread in my mouth felt like medicine the moment Dongmin chose to talk about that topic.

He was quiet before he continued, "Sorry, I don't think I can accept it because... You are not my type."

That's it. I was rejected.

I cleared my throat awkwardly, "It's fine.I kinda regretting it actually."

Donin turned his head at me, his eyes glimmed with disappointment.

Uh oh. Did I say something wrong?

His eyes scanned all over my face, making me felt self-conscious. He suddenly leaned nearer, his face dangerously close to mine.

"Regret it?" He scoffed."Lee Eunbi, have you seen yourself on a mirror?" Eunwoo whispered, coldly.

What?

"Do you think you are suitable enough for a guy like me?"

I felt like a bucket of ice water was thrown over my head. I gulped the food I was munching with much difficulties and looked at Dongmin's eyes. Tears welling inside my eyes, waiting to pour down.

"Are you going to cry?" He laughed mockingly, "Hey Lee Eunbi, you are so pathethic, you know?"

I stared at him in disbelief. Right now, he looked so different from the Lee Dongmin that I knew. He looked... Evil.

"Hey, don't cry." His hand touched my face, wiping some cream on my lips, "Because I'm not a bad guy, I'll give you what you want from me."

What did he mean by that?

I felt numb as I watched his eyes focused on my lips. He glanced to my eyes and eventually closed the gap between us, his eyes closing as he kissed me on the lips.

I was too shocked to do anything. His words rang in my head and I felt like I just lost my pride.

During those 10 seconds of humiliation, the only thing that ran in my mind was..

Am I that easy for him? Am I ... Am I that cheap?

I pushed him off and my hand immediately flew to his cheek, the hard impact making he turned away.

Tears running down, I wiped off my lips with my sleeve. "I don't know you are such a jerk." I spat out, " If you want to reject me, then just do it. But why you-"

I stopped myself. Dongmin looked guilty and hurt but I was pretty sure my eyes were tricking me. There is no way he would feel guilty after what he had said to me.

Anyhow, I don't care anymore.

I ran off, my heart already breaking into pieces.

And since that, I have never seen him again. I only heard that he was already a trainee at one entertainment company and he rarely came to school after that. Soon after, the news broke out about him.

He debuted in an idol group and his stage name is Cha Eunwoo.