13 [edited]

Chapter 13: Sulky Eunwoo

"Soon Young sunbaenim?"

"Nae, I'm impressed that you recognize my voice though this is the first time we ever talk on the phone." He chuckles.

"Eii, of course I recognize your voice, sunbaenim." I quietly excuse myself from the living room, entering the kitchen again for some privacy.

"Who is that guy who answered the phone? Your boyfriend?"

"Boyfriend? No! He is just my... friend." I half-lie. The truth is, Eunwoo is more than friend for me. He is my first love. "I don't have any boyfriend, sunbaenim."

"Really? Can I court you then?"

I laugh. "It will be an honour if you court me, sunbaenim since all the girls in the college are trying to court you instead."

Kwon Soon Young sunbaenim, the perfect guy. He excels in his studies, active in club activities, kind and gentlemen. A type of guy who is worth fighting for. He is also the dance club president.

"You're funny, Eunbi-ssi." Sunbaenim laughs, "Actually, I'm calling you to inform you about the dance competition. The terms and-"

"Sunbaenim." I chime in.

"Yes?"

"Actually, can you excuse me from this dance competition? Just this once. Let me off the hook, pleasee??" Although I have asked Eunwoo to teach me, I'm not confident I can learn and do well. So, might as well stop before embarrassing myself later on.

"Why? If you have a concrete reason, then I'll consider your request."

That makes me shut up.

Concrete reason? If it is because I don't dance, is that concrete enough?

"Eunbi-ssi? Are you still there?"

"Y-yeah.."

"So? Your reason to withdraw from the dance competition?"

I sigh, "No reason."

"Look Eunbi-ssi. This competition is kinda compulsory for the club members. But there is an exception if you have you have referral letter by the doctor stating that you are not fit to join due to health problems."

That complicated?

"I see." I reply faintly, accepting the fate that I have to join the competition no matter what.

"Relax Eunbi-ssi. I know you can do it. Fighting!"

His cheer makes me laugh.

"So, back to the issue. The terms and regulations of the competition have been uploaded to the college's web. So, you can check it yourself."

"Alright, sunbaenim."

"That's all, Eunbi-ssi. I'm hanging up now."

"Bye.."

I wait for Soonyoung sunbaenim to end the call. Sighing, I turn around only to shriek out of surprise as the guys, except for Eunwoo, are standing at the doorstep of the kitchen, watching me.

"What the-"

"Nuna, dance competition?" Rocky asks, his eyes shining when he mentions the word 'dance'.

"You've heard it all?"

MJ grins sheepishly, "Sorry, didn't mean to eavesdrop, we're just curious on what made Eunwoo sulky and moody just now."

Sulky?

"I'm not sulking!" Eunwoo exclaims from the living room.

"But you're in a bad mood suddenly, hyung!" Moonbin shouts back.

We return back to the living room with Rocky clinging to me like a lost puppy. "Nuna, what dance competition?" He asks.

I sit down between Sanha and Rocky on the floor, while Moonbin, Myungjun and Jinwoo sit on the couch along with Eunwoo.

"Ahh.. My college will held a dance competition next month so as a member of dance club, I am required to participate in it." I explain.

"Then, why did you want to withdraw from it?" Moonbin asks.

"I don't know how to dance actually." I grin sheepishly.

"Eunwoo hyung can teach you." Sanha says.

"Him? He just wants to dance by himself." I roll my eyes, remembering the incident before.

"Well, sorry then, you shouldn't ask me to teach you!" Eunwoo retorts.

"You are the one who agreed to help me!" Why he is so annoying?!

"Huh? My fault??" He scoffs, "Then, I'm sorry! I don't want to teach you anymore." He glares at me and I glare at him back.

Jinwoo then clears his throat, "Err... Guys? Stop bickering, will you?"

I scoff, looking away.

Stupid Eunwoo!! What the heck is wrong with him?? Is he having his period or something?!

"I can teach you, nuna." My eyes shine brightly the moment Rocky says that.

"You're not kidding?" I look at the younger boy in disbelief.

"Yup." Rocky nods, "Moonbin and Jinwoo hyung can help too. Since Eunwoo hyung left the dorm, our schedules are not that packed. So, we have lots of free time."

"Really? Thanks, I would love to have you guys as my dance teacher.. Rather than that grumpy someone.." I glance at Eunwoo, sneering.

"I'm not grumpy!" Eunwoo says through gritted teeth.

"I've never mentioned you." I retort.

"I'm not that stupid, Eunbi."

"Oh really? Well, I beg to differ."

"Guys, stop." Myungjun chimes in, noticing the heated situation.

"Stop what?!" Eunwoo and I glare at the poor Myungjun and Myungjun is taken aback.

Okay, I know that is rude.

"Hey, I'm older than you guys." He scolds, glaring sharply at us.

"Sorry." I mutter. This is all his fault!

Myungjun sighs. "Its okay, Eunbi-ssi." He smiles at me. "And you, Lee Dong Min, stop acting childish. Your jealousy won't bring you anywhere." He says firmly at Eunwoo.

"Jealousy?" Eunwoo scoffs, "As if..."

Suddenly, Jinjin's phone rings. It's their manager. He talks for a minute before ending the call.

"Guys, we have to go home now." Jinjin informs.

The boys, except Eunwoo, stand up and walk to the front door. I escort them as we exchange goodbyes. Rocky even promises to come back and teach me how to dance.

After the guys left, I return to the living room. Now, there's only me and Eunwoo.

He is still scowling, sulking.

Ughh... Whatever!