34 [edited]

Chapter 34:
An offer to a new life

"Ooooh Lee Eunbi, you are amazing up there." I look up to see Hoshi oppa standing in front of me. He looks cute with his black hair.

"Thanks. Oppa is amazing too." I give him a thumbs up. Hoshi oppa and his 12 other group members called themselves as SEVENTEEN had performed earlier and they are so fantastic. Their dancing are in sync and their main vocal's high note is just on point.

Hoshi oppa takes a seat next to me. "I really hope I can win the group category. This is the only way to achieve my dream."

"You will, oppa. Trust me." I assure him.

"I also think you are going the win the solo category. You looks like an actual idol on the stage. For a second, I doubt my eyes that I'm seeing you perform."

"Stop saying that. You're getting my hopes up."

"It's true. I'm sure all the companies that come today will hope to scout you. You are so talented that makes me wonder why did you want to withdraw before."

"Companies?" I shoot Hoshi oppa a questioning look. What did he mean by that?

"Yeah. You don't know? Some entertainment companies come to watch the dance competition. They will choose the participants whom they think are talented enough to be a trainee under them. For us, it's a great chance to be an idol."

I am still trying to register all the information that Hoshi oppa just told me when the speaker announces, "Every contestents, please come to the stage for the result announcement."

"Lets go?" Hoshi oppa says and I nod.

We all come up to the stage and just like what Hoshi oppa said, I see a line of men in suit, sitting at a long table. In front of them, there is their entertainment companies labels.

SM, YG, CUBE, JYP, JELLYFISH, FANTAGIO, SOURCE MUSIC,STARSHIP AND PLEDIS. All big companies in Korean music industry but one company catches my mind.

Fantagio? The company logo seems familiar. Where did I see that logo?

"So, it's the awaited time everyone! The result of the competition is in my hands." The MC lifts up a card in his hands. My heart starts to beat faster.

Pleasee....

"It was really a tough competition. Everyone is just... Amazing! But still, we have to choose the winner. Who do you think will be the winner for the solo category???" The MC asks the spectators which erupt a scream from the crowd.

"Lee Eunbi!" I widen my eyes the moment I hear my name is called out loudly, overtaking the noise. My face turns hot when I see Nara standing among the crowd, waving her hands at me.

Goshhhhh, that girl..

"Alright alright.. I'll announce the winner for the solo category first. Everyone, please look at the screen behind. The winner for this competition is..."

Please let it be me...

Please...

Catch Me If You Can By Girls Generation suddenly plays, blasting from the speaker followed by a deafening scream from the crowd.

What??

I turn around slowly to look at the screen and see a video of my performance is playing on the screen.

I... Win?

"Congrats!" Some female contestants hug me. I still can't believe it.

"Yeah, congratulation to the contestant number three, Lee Eunbi. You're the winner for the solo category!"

Some of the company representatives give me a standing oviation. They all smile at me proudly.

One of the company representatives grab his microphone on the table and says, "Lee Eunbi-ssi, would you like to sign a contract with us?"

The hall falls into a deep silence after SM representative finishes talking. I look at him in disbelief.

Every eyes are on me right now. "I-I—"

"Wait a minute, Lee Eunbi-ssi!" Fantagio representative suddenly says to his microphone. "You shouldn't make any rush decision right now. Please think it carefully. We are willing to sign a contract with you too, so please consider it carefully before accepting his offer."

OMG, if this a dream, please wake me up.

Then, JYP representative speaks up, "If you don't want to sign under those companies, you can sign with us." He says with a smile.

"Oooh, what a lucky winner she is! Now, Lee Eunbi-ssi, which company will you choose?"

Should I choose SM? They are known to produce top quality idols.. However, I heard training under them is basically hell...

JYP? Their music style does not seem to really fit me...

Or Fantagio? This company is familiar but I can't seem to remember where do I hear or see it.

Where—

Oh! I remember now!

ASTRO is under them ! I remember seeing the company logo on the wall in their practice room.

Should I choose Fantagio then? I get to meet ASTRO and Eunwoo if I do so. It will be a surprise to them if they see me at their company.

I smile, heaving a sigh. "I made my decision. I'll choose..." The hall is dead silence as they wait for my answer.

"Fantagio Entertainment."

Gasps are heard from the crowd. Even SM and JYP representative looks at me in disbelief. Fantagio representative smiles proudly,

"You've made the right choice, Lee Eunbi-ssi."