9: The being interested hug

June 25th, 2017.

9: The being interested hug - When you pull someone in your lap and hug them while listening and paying attention to something they're interested in or passionate about.

~~

"Hey Ty, what D'you have there?" Josh asked as he stood on the porch and looked at Tyler who was sitting in the grass. Tyler looked up with a smile.

"This is a saffron crocus", Tyler smiled as he looked back.

"They're really pretty. I like the purple color", he said.

"They're doing really well

"They're doing really well. Very healthy", Tyler said as he looked at the crocuses closely.

"How are you doing?" Josh asked. Tyler looked at him. "I'm doing really well too. Thank you for the new ones, I hope they'll like it in our garden", Tyler said as he picked up another flower and planted it in the soil.

"What's that?" Josh asked. "This, my dear Joshie..." Tyler trailed as he patted the soil and gave the flower some water.

"...is a Scilla Siberica. The mix of sky blue and violet blue is beautiful. They're seen as wild flowers rather than flowers you plant in your garden, but I like them. Their color especially", Tyler said.

"Let me get you a drink and I'll come sit with you, hm?" Josh proposed

"Let me get you a drink and I'll come sit with you, hm?" Josh proposed. Tyler looked up with a smile. "Really?" He asked. Josh nodded. "Of course, baby", he smiled as he turned around and walked inside. He grabbed two glasses, filled them with green ice tea, ice cubes and a straw, and walked outside. He walked down the porch steps and sat down in the grass. He put the glasses down next to him and then wrapped his arms around Tyler. He pulled him in his lap and pressed a kiss on his cheek. "Here you go", he said as he gave him one of the glasses.

"Thank you Joshie", Tyler giggled as he grabbed the glass with his soil covered hands and sipped from the glass through the straw.

"Of course baby, everything for my flower boy", Josh said as he kissed the back of Tyler's neck. Tyler giggled and snuggled up into Josh's lap a little more.

"Tell me about your flowers?" Josh asked. Tyler looked at him surprised. "Really?" He asked excitedly. Josh smiled and nodded. "Definitely, I wanna know what we have in our garden", he said.

Tyler grinned excitedly. "Okay! So well, those are azeleas, and I love them a lot. A bigger plant as you can see, and it's the blooming season for them so they're the prettiest right now. And I like that they're peachy and orange, especially those flowers. They're so pretty, and I don't know, I just love them a lot", Tyler said as he pointed at them.

 They're so pretty, and I don't know, I just love them a lot", Tyler said as he pointed at them

"And this one is... This one just blows my mind every time I look at them. Their blue color is such a beautiful blue and it reminds me of your hair and all pretty things in life. I love blue flowers 'cause it's not something you see a lot. There's more blue flowers but the most flowers are pink, red, white, yellow, y'know? But those are blue and such a beautiful blue. Not a purplish blue but a blue blue. They're called Hydrangea macrophylla and they're stunning", Tyler said as he pointed at other flowers.

 They're called Hydrangea macrophylla and they're stunning", Tyler said as he pointed at other flowers

"I love them, those are so beautiful", Josh said. Tyler smiled excitedly at him. "Right?" He sighed happily.

"And then there's the ones that everyone knows. Some tulips, there's some sunflowers, and over there red roses, and there we have some white ones", Tyler said as he looked around the garden and pointed at each flower he named. "And then there's a few more with difficult names that are really really pretty. But you're the prettiest", Tyler said.

"I'm the prettiest flower?" Josh asked. Tyler giggled and nodded. "Yeah! You're the prettiest flower in the whole garden. In my whole life. I love you a lot, you're my favorite flower", Tyler said.

"You're my favorite flower boy in the entire universe", Josh said as he kissed the corner of Tyler's lips. "You're my favorite anything, really", he said.

"Anything?" Tyler asked. Josh nodded.

"So I'm your favorite flower?" Tyler asked. Josh hummed. "And your favorite... movie?" Tyler said. "Yup", Josh replied. "And your favorite song", Tyler said. "Oh yeah", Josh nodded. "Favorite food?" "Definitely." "Favorite place to go to?" "Oh hell yeah." "Favorite band?" "Fuck yes." "Favorite person?" "Yes. Yes, you are my favorite person. And I can't wait to see what kinds of flowers you pick out for our wedding", Josh said. Tyler giggled. "We're not even engaged, silly", he said as he lightly shoved him. Josh smiled. "Not yet", he said.

Before Tyler could ask him what he meant by that, he connected their lips in a soft, love filled kiss.

~~

Was this cute? I like the flower idea, but let me know what you thought of it!!

Btw I just came back from a Paramore concert and MY GOD it was so so amazing!!!

One more hug one-shot before the next book. 💙