Whats going on?

A few days later Connor was acting weird. He asked me to take Lucky for a walk, doesn't sound weird right? Well he just seemed to be hiding something. You know when the other half just knows because of how close they are, yeah, its like that and I don't like it. I sound paranoid, probably the fact I am.

    I walked Lucky around for a bit when someone came over to me.

“Are you Beth?" she asked, excited,

“Yes, can I help you?" I asked,

“I just wanted to congratulate you on winning the voice, may I have a picture?"

I laughed, “sure"

She pulled out her phone and put the front camera on then took a picture of us smiling. She thanked me before skipping off. I chuckled, how sweet.

   I decided to go to the pond and sit there for a bit when I thought I heard something behind me. Lucky shot up and bolted to the bush behind us.

“Lucky, come here!" I shouted and he ran back to me. I clipped him on his lead and cautiously made my way over to the bush with my brave, tiny puppy. He growled gently and as we got very close to the bush he barked as a tall, blonde haired man stepped out and grabbed him. He yelped and I screamed.

“Put him down!" I yelled,

The man just looked at me and laughed. A large hand went loosely around my poor puppy's neck. I didn't know what to do, he was around 6ft and I'm only 5ft 6 so what was I to do? I kicked him in the shin and he released the puppy. He fell to the ground before I could catch him.

“Lucky!" I cried, picking him up, he licked my hand to show he was ok and I stroked his head.

    The man stood above me, looking down at me. He had blonde hair and blue eyes. He looked familiar but I couldn't make out who it was. He grabbed my wrist and Lucky bit him.

“I'm going to make sure that dog doesn't make it alive" he snarled, trying to grab him,

“No you won't" I yelled, adrenaline pumping through me. I sheltered the quivering puppy with my arms and broke off in a sprint. I was quite active and jogged a lot so I could make this. The house wasn't far. The man was following but he didn't seem to have a lot of stamina or agility so I was ok.

     I ran back to the house, jolted in and slammed the door behind me. Connor came running in.

“Baby, what's wrong? What's happened?" He rushed, panic rising from the look on my face,

“A man... He was trying to kill Lucky... He was in the bush" was all I could manage before I broke down in tears. Not just a few tears, I was hysterical.

Connor calmed me and I managed to tell him what had happened, it was so scary.

    Suddenly our parents burst through the door making poor Lucky jump up from my lap and start running around, barking like mad. Evan woke up and started crying. Connor face palmed and I just sat looking at everyone. After Connor calmed Lucky and I rocked Evan to calm him I asked “whats going on?"

“Erm... a surprise party was supposed to happen. I thought you text saying she was out?" My mum asked,

“She was but something happened..." Connor replied.

I explained and mum was hugging me, telling me I should call the police so I did.

    They arrived and I gave details on what happened and the mans appearance. I still couldn't say who he was but he looked so familiar. They thanked me then left.

“So what was this surprise party for?" I asked,

“Well it was to congratulate you on winning and..." Caitlin started, looking at Connor,

“This" he smiled, getting on one knee in front of me, looking me right in the eye and saying “Beth, I love you and I want to spend the rest of my life with you. I don't want to ever lose you again. Will you marry me?"

“Yes" I squealed as he got up. He placed the ring on my finger and hugged me tight. “I love you" I whispered,

“I love you too"

     My phone rang and I answered, “Hello?"

“Hello, is this Beth Jones?" the man on the other side of the phone asked,

“Yes"

“Oh good"

“Who's speaking?"

“This is Joe, The Vamps manager" he went on “How would you like a singing career?"

I had to console my excitement “that'd be amazing, thank you so much"

“Can we meet tomorrow at Costa coffee in town?"

“Yes, of course. I have to bring my son though because my fiancée's working"

“Yes that's fine"

“Ok, will the boys be there?"

“Maybe"

“Ok, thank you"

“Goodbye superstar"

“Bye" I laughed, hanging up.

    When I told everyone they hugged me. The worst day of my life just became the best.