The crash

I was driving home with the radio on and I was humming away as I usually do and as I drove to the round about it was busy. I knew the place fine as I drove around it nearly every day. I set off to go round but the car next to me set off too soon and crashed into the back of me.

    I smashed my head on the dash board and blacked out for a short time, I remember coming round to voices shouting things but I couldn't understand as it was hard to concentrate. Suddenly my door was flung open and I was lifted out the car in a bridal style lift and gently placed on to the road. Soon sirens were blaring and I was told to stay calm by a familiar voice but I couldn't concentrate and felt like I was going to go unconscious any time soon.

    An ambulance rounded the corner, followed by a police car, and it made its way over to me and the other driver. I didn't think about the other driver until now and tried to scramble up to see if they were ok but held down with a firm grip of the man that had saved me from my car. Even his touch felt familiar. The ambulance soon arrived and I was taken to hospital to be checked over.

   I was sat in a hospital bed when he arrived.

“Connor" I mumbled as he made his way over,

“Beth are you ok?" He rushed,

“We'll find out" I said eyeing the nurse that made her way over,

“All is well Beth, we've had to take glass out of your arm and stitch it up but other then that you escaped with cuts and bruises" she smiled,

“Thank you" I smiled at her,

“It's ok, I'll leave you two to talk" she said, hurrying off,

“Was you there?" I asked, feeling slightly stupid,

“Yes I was. I was walking home from the shop near the round about and saw your car. I knew I had to help so I ran out and lifted you from the car and stayed until the ambulance came then I had to get a taxi here" he replied, tears in his eyes,

I looked up at him as a tear fell from my eye, “I love you"

“I love you too” he replied wiping away the tear.