Bullying

A few years later I was finally back at work, Connor was working as a games designer and programmer and Evan was in school. I don't want to take the singing career to the extreme but I've sang with a few people, including The Vamps, Katy Perry, Ellie Goulding and All Time Low. I'm still in contact with Joe and the boys but don't see them as much anymore because they're touring and pretty busy with work.

    I got up to find out Connor had already gone to work, a usual thing. He starts at four and finishes at twelve then comes home, sleeps for a little while then picks Evan up from school. I get in school at seven, dropping Evan off at breakfast club, which he loves, then finish at four.

    I woke Evan up and got him ready then he went downstairs to watch cartoons and play with Lucky while I got changed into leggings and a grey dress with black high heels and applied light make-up.

    I went downstairs, got a flask of coffee then took my little munchkin to school.

“Bye mummy, love you" he smiled, hugging me,

“Bye, have a good day and be good" I smiled,

“I will"

“Good, love you, see you later"

He waved as I walked out to the car then drove to work.

    It was great to be back in my class and I sat on my chair then logged the computer on. I started to tweak the PowerPoints I had ready for my year 10s, 13s and 7s. I checked my planner, making sure I had the correct classes and I did. Hopefully it's going to be a good day.

    I was snapped out of my thoughts when my form arrived and sat down. I handed out there new planners and timetables, knowing some would have lost theres then let them talk for a while until the bell went.

    Two girls from my form, Maddie and Darcie, sat at their seats and got their equipment out.

“Nice to see you back miss" Maddie smiled,

“Thank you" I smiled, “it's great to be back. Are you both ok?"

“Yes thanks" Maddie replied,

Darcie nodded. She had always been a quiet but smart student.

   The class began to arrive and take their seats and we soon began our work on Florence Nightingale. I asked them to answer the questions on the board which stated why she was important, what she did and why she was so loved by her patients.

    Half way through I heard a shout of “No! Don't speak to her like that! Leave Darcie alone" from Maddie,

“I'll speak to her however the way I want" a boy called Callum laughed,

“Maddie, Callum. Outside now!" I shouted and they both reluctantly made their way out.

“Carry on everyone else" I sighed as I walked out.

    I opened my mouth to speak but before I could say anything the two began yelling.

“Hey, pack it in now! Your both coming back at break so we can talk this matter over!" I managed to get over the screaming pair.

Callum went to object but I shushed him, “no, you will come back at break"

They both nodded and walked in.

   Break soon came and Maddie arrived just after the bell went and I let her in. I knew Callum wouldn't come.

“What happened Maddie? Your a good student and I don't expect that from you" I told her,

“I know, I'm sorry miss. It's just that Callum calls Darcie names, throws things at her and talks about her parents but she won't stand up for herself" she sighed, her head hung in shame,

Bullying, I knew what had happened between Darcie's parents and it wasn't a good thing to go through, poor kid. “I will get everything sorted, don't worry. For the time being ignore him and try not to act out in class again please. Darcie couldn't ask for a better friend though Maddie"

“Thanks miss, your the best" she smiled “see you later"

“Bye" I smiled as she left.

    The end of a pretty decent day came and I headed home to my fiance, son and puppy.