Chapter 8

5 Years Old

"Halmeoni! (Grandma!)" A 5 year old Soojin said as she made her way into her grandma's house.

"Oh Soojin-ah, my baby. Come sit here in Grandma's lap." Soojin's grandma said as she pats her lap, signalling Soojin to sit there.

"Nae, halmeoni!" Soojin said as she took a seat on her grandma's lap.

Her grandma was still very strong despite her old age. Soojin was very close to her Grandma as she was the one who raised Soojin until she was 4. Soojin loved her Grandma dearly as she would make her cookies and would play with the young Soojin.

12 Years Old

Now Soojin was 12, she grew up to become a very beautiful young lady. She visited her Grandma as it was her birthday.

"Halmeoni, here's your gift. It took me a while to choose a gift for you, but mom said making you a gift instead of buying is more meaningful." Soojin said as she gave a box filled with cookies to her grandma. The box also contained, letters and a picture of Soojin and her grandma.

"Did you bake these yourself?" Soojin's grandma said as she took a bite out of the cookie.

Her grandma who used to be strong, now looks like her age has been catching up to her. She lost so much weight and looked definetely paler.

The reason she changed drastically was because of her heart problem. Soojin inherited her heart problem from her grandma. The doctor said that due to her old age and heart problem, she only had a few years to live.

"Yes! But mom helped me with some things." Soojin said as she smiled proudly because her beloved grandma liked her gift.

16 Years Old

As Soojin made her way to her Grandma's ward, she was crying as she didn't want to see her grandma sick.

"Soojin-ah. Come here to grandma." Her grandma said in a muffled voice as she had an oxygen mask over her mouth.

Despite Soojin's sadness, hearing her grandma's voice gave her the courage to look at her grandma and go to her.

"Halmeoni. Are you alright?" Soojin said as she hugged her grandma tightly and crying on her shoulder.

"Grandma is fine Soojin-ah. As long as you're here, I'm fine." Her grandma smiled through the oxygen mask.

"I brought Kkokko today halmeoni. She grew up so much already." Soojin said as she took the puppy her grandma gave her and placed it on her grandma's blanket.

"You're right." Her grandma said as she patted the dog's head.

Soojin's grandma gave the dog to her so that Soojin would always remember her even if she was gone.

"Soojin-ah. You understand my state right now right?" Her grandma said as she held Soojin's hand. Soojin nodded. "Soon the time where I leave Earth will come and you won't find me anymore. But I hope you won't be depressed and you should stay strong. When I'm gone at least Kkokko will be with you. Don't be depressed once I'm gone okay? Promise me."

Soojin knew that the time was near as her grandma's condition kept on worsening. "I promise." Soojin said as she wiped her tears away, but it still came out like waterfalls.

18 Years Old (A few days before Soojin confessed to Jimin)

"Halmeoni." Soojin said as she knelt down her Grandma's gravestone.

It was the day of the funeral, everyone was dressed in black and they sent their condolences to the Kim family.

"Halmeoni. Why did you leave us? I wanted to spend more time with you. I wanted to let you see me graduate. I wanted you to attend my wedding. I wanted to...." Soojin said as she bawled her eyes out. She got choked up on her tears, so she stopped talking. "Halmeoni."