Chapter Fourteen

~Lucy~

“I have a great feeling about today!” Lucy cheered after greeting Natsu and Happy at the train station.

“I have a horrible feeling about today,” Natsu grumbled, following her aboard the train. “It's never a good day when I have to ride the train.”

“Don't be so negative,” Lucy grinned. She couldn't help but roll her eyes at his complaining. It will definitely be a good day. I just know we'll find something to help Eliana!

They rode the train for several hours before Lucy took pity on Natsu and suggested they take a break in a small town along the way.

“If we rest here for about an hour, then the rest of the ride won't be as bad,” Lucy was telling him.

“I'm so hungry,” Natsu said as soon as his motion sickness had gone away.

“Me too!” Happy added. “I wonder if there's any fish around here!”

“Now that you mention it, I'm kind of hungry myself,” Lucy said, placing a hand over her empty stomach. They had gotten aboard the train so early that she hadn't even eaten anything before they left Magnolia.

“It's settled!” Natsu cheered, grabbing her hand, “let's go find somewhere to eat!”

“Aye!” Happy chanted, flying after the two of them as Natsu pulled Lucy through the town. As always, his nose them them straight to a restaurant. If it's one thing Natsu knows how to search for, it's food. Lucy grinned to herself.

“What are you standing around in a daze for?” Natsu asked, poking her on the cheek. “Didn't you say you were hungry?”

“Yeah,” she smiled, following him inside. The small restaurant smelled amazing, and Lucy's stomach growled loudly at the promise of a soon to be meal. The forest green walls and dark hardwood floors gave the place a comforting feel. The three of them were seated at a table beside the window. Lucy happily watched as people walked passed the window, going about their daily business. I bet they don't get many visitors here, since it's such a small town.

“Are you ready to order?” A kind-looking young woman asked them.

“We'll take one of everything,” Natsu told her, completely oblivious to the woman's shocked stare.

“Are—are you sure?” She asked, slightly recovering from her shock. “That's a lot of food.”

“Yeah,” he nodded, grinning at her. “We're only here for an hour, otherwise I would have ordered more.”

“I'll be right out with your order,” she said, walking slowly away from their table.

“I hope you know I'm not paying for all of that,” Lucy told him. She was always amazed by the amount of food Natsu could devour. Even though they had been together so long, she couldn't get used to his enormous appetite.

“My treat,” Natsu smiled. “You're always feeding me and Happy, anyways.”

“I just thought about something,” Happy said, munching on a fish the waitress had given him earlier—at least Lucy thought she did. Actually, she wasn't sure where he had gotten it. Don't think about it too much, Lucy. Knowing that cat, it's hard to tell where he got it.

“What's that?” Natsu asked. He crossed his arms and leaned back, propping his head against the back of their booth.

“If you and Lucy get married, then she can cook tons of fish for us!” Happy cheered, a dreamy expression on his face.