Chapter Eight

“Tomorrow's the day!” Lucy squealed, jumping out of bed. She brushed her hair and teeth, and threw on the first outfit she could find before running out the door. She was to meet everyone at the guild that morning so they could decorate while Erza kept Natsu busy. Before that, she was going shopping with Gray. Although he had acted mad, she knew he was secretly looking forward to taking Juvia out to dinner.

“Hey!” Lucy waved.

“Hey,” he said.

“So, where to first?” She asked him, looking around.

“I don't know,” he sighed, “I'm not any good at shopping.”

“Okay, well, where are you taking Juvia?”

“I don't know. You planned this damned thing!”

Lucy giggled, grabbing his arm. “Alright then,” she said, dragging him down the street, “we'll find you a place for your date.” After a few minutes, Lucy stopped in front of a fancy-looking restaurant with a foreign name. “This looks nice.”

“Looks expensive,” he murmured.

“Gray, Juvia is a classy lady! You can't take her just anywhere! Although, I'm sure she'd be fine with anywhere, as long as you took her there,” Lucy smirked.

Gray cursed under his breath, “here's fine.”

“Great!” They made the reservations and went to the only tuxedo shop in Magnolia to find him something to wear. “You look really handsome in that one!” Lucy gasped, a bit surprised. Despite being naked most of the time, Gray actually dressed up really well. After buying the tux, they began looking for Natsu's present.

“What kind of thing do you want to get him?” Gray asked her.

“I was thinking of something simple. A long table with drawers, or something like that. Just something to display his souvenirs, and to store the ones he isn't displaying.” Lucy knew the perfect spot in Natsu's house to put it, too.

They searched through several shops without finding anything, and Lucy began to feel defeated. “Maybe I should get him something else,” she sighed.

“Let's try one more,” Gray said, dragging her inside a creepy-looking shop.

“Can I help you?” An old woman seemed to appear out of nowhere, flashing them a toothless smile.

Lucy hid slightly behind Gray, wondering where the woman had come from. “We're just looking for a display table,” Lucy told her.

“I see,” the old woman nodded. “Come.” She led them to the back of the store, and down a long isle. “How about this?” She showed them a long, white table that would come to Natsu's hip in height. It looked about the same length as the wall Lucy had in mind in Natsu's house, too. “This old table has also been magic-treated,” the old woman said.

“Magic-treated?” Lucy looked to Gray, who frowned.

“Although it's made of wood, it won't rot and fall apart after a long time. And it's fire-proof.”

“I'll take it,” Lucy told her. She couldn't believe how perfect it was. It's like this old woman can read my mind or something! It's kind of freaky, but I can't believe how awesome this present will be!

“That will be 7,000 Jewel,” the old woman grinned, holding out her hand. Lucy willingly gave her the money, excited to give Natsu his gift.

“Oh, yeah,” Lucy gasped, just thinking of something, “how are we going to get this back to the guild?”