Light My Fire [Nalu] {The Fairy Tail Love Chronicles; Book 3}

Hello! ^_^/ Here I am with another Fairy Tail fan fiction! This time I'm writing about Natsu and Lucy! :D 

I should probably take a minute to explain the timeline for this book (it's a little confusing maybe...) "Light My Fire" takes place about a month before "Melting an Iron Heart". In book 1, Lucy and Natsu are already together, so I'm back-tracking a little bit to show you all how that happened. ^_^ 

Ok, I'll shut up now so you can read. Thanks for reading!! Don't forget to let me know what you think! I love getting comments, and suggestions/feedback are always welcome! :3

Chapter One

~Lucy~

“Natsu, look out!” Lucy cried, pushing the pink-haired wizard to the ground as a sword shot towards him.

“Why'd ya do that?” Natsu snapped, jumping quickly to his feet. “I could have blocked it!”

“You weren't even looking at it!” Lucy snapped back, crossing her arms. They had been training with Erza all afternoon, and she was starting to think Natsu wasn't really taking it seriously. He had been goofing off and paying more attention to her and Happy than he had been Erza's swords.

“Come on, Erza won't kill me,” Natsu smiled, waving her off.

“I can't guarantee that,” Erza said. “You asked me to help you, so I'm not going to hold back.”

Lucy groaned, rubbing her throbbing arms. Why did I let Natsu and that cat talk me into this? Why should I have to train with them? Especially Erza! She's insane! “You aren't quittin' on me already, are you?” Natsu grinned, nudging her in the side with his elbow. She couldn't stop the electricity that shot throughout her body at his touch, and she felt her heart skip a beat as she stared at his smile.

“Of course not,” she huffed, trying to cover up her staring. “I agreed to do this, right? So I'm going to do it!”

“That's my teammate!” He laughed, running towards Erza.

Teammate. Lucy sighed. She hated when Natsu called her his “teammate”. I'm not just your teammate, flame brain. I'm a girl, too. She shook the reoccurring thought from her mind. I don't like Natsu! Knowing how far in denial she was, she ran after him.

(THE NEXT DAY)

“Lu-chan!” Lucy hear the voice of her best friend, but she was too deep in thought to answer. Ever since their training with Erza the day before, Lucy had been thinking about Natsu. Well, she thought about him most of the time, but she had been thinking specifically about her feelings towards him. Do I like Natsu?That can't be right, can it? He's such a dummy, and he only thinks with his muscles...his gorgeous muscles—Lucy shook her self. “What am I thinking?!” She snapped.

“I don't know,” Levy giggled, “I'm not a mind-reader.” Lucy realized that the blue-haired wizard had been sitting next to her for a few minutes, causing her to blush deeply. “What are you doing, Lu-chan? It's strange not to see you with Natsu and Happy.”

“I'm not always with them,” she replied, far too defensively.

Levy smirked at her, leaning in closer as she gave her a knowing wink. “Sure.”

“Levy--”

“I know you like him,” Levy whispered, still smirking. “You've been teammates for a really long time, so why don't you just tell him how you feel?”