Chapter 11

Abbie's POV

"Apologize? Duc--Abbie, you did nothing wrong!" Niall said softly, sitting up straighter.

"Yeah I did! I didn't let you explain why you were acting like you were and I just assumed... I just" I looked down, embarrassed of my actions.

I heard the bed creak as Niall stood up, walking over to me. He wrapped his arms around me and I hid my face in the crook of his shoulder and neck. I wasn't crying; I just felt like crap for what I did.

"What were you assuming, Abbie?"

"You can call me Ducky," I avoided the question.

"Ducky, answer my question."

I sighed, tilting my head up to look up at him. He was looking down at me, his hand trailing up my back slowly to rest in my hair. It distracted me greatly.

"I... I- err" I stuttered.

"Just spit it out, love. I won't be mad," he whispered, stroking my hair.

"I just, I just thought that you felt sorry for me, that you didn't really like me," my voice faded when I met his eyes. They looked so disappointed.

"That's what you thought?" he asked, his voice cracking on the last word. He sounded extremely upset.

I nodded slowly, looking down at my feet. Now I hurt his feelings. He thinks I didn't trust him.

He hugged me tighter, his face hiding in my hair. He squeezed my waist and I squeezed his. I felt his lips leave little kisses on my head.

"I'm so sorry. Ducky I'm so, so sorry" he whimpered between kisses.

"What do you mean?"

He took a deep breath before speaking. "I was avoiding you because I thought you needed more time, because I was moving too fast. That's what happened with my last-"

"I know the rest. Zayn told me. But I want you to know that I need you to help me move on from Kevin, Niall. You weren't moving too fast for me, you helped me move on from him. A lot." I reached my hand up to his face, pressing my palm to his cheek and stroking under his eye with my thumb.

He smiled, placing his hand on top of mine. "Just promise me one thing"

"Sure, anything" I whispered, searching his eyes.

"Promise me you'll tell me if I'm going too fast" he whispered.

I nodded, smiling. "I promise"

He smiled, bending his head down to my level. He kissed my nose, my forehead, my cheeks, and trailed his lips to the corner of my mouth. I could feel him smile against my skin. "Just kiss me, Niall," I whispered, closing my eyes.

I brought my hand from his cheek to the back of his head, pulling his lips to mine. He kissed me hard, one of his hands on the back of my head, the other on the small of my back, pulling me closer. I smiled into the kiss, and played with his hair, making him moan quietly. After a minute, I felt his tongue on my bottom lip again.

I froze and tensed up, and Niall broke the kiss, scratching the back of his neck whilst trying to slow his breathing.

"Sorry" he panted. "I just- I just..."

"S'okay" I breathed, bringing my hand up to brush his hair out of his eyes. "It just surprised me"

"Sorry" he laughed. We both just stood there, catching our breaths, lost in our thoughts.

"Can you... You know... Help me?" I breathed, suddenly pushing myself closer to him. I saw his eyes widen as he swallowed hard, his expression turning panicked.