0.6 | DRUNKEN

DRUNKEN

~~~

"Where were you?!" My drunken father slurred out, grasping onto the dark brown beer bottle in his hand. I could feel my mother shift in my hold.

"I'm pretty sure you knew exactly where I was and why I was there, now if you excuse me, I need to go," I said, getting out of my mother's embrace and going inside the house. Our home was a mess, bottles scattered everywhere, shards of glass littering the ground and the stench of alcohol existent in every breath you take. No amount of air freshener would have worked, and the neighbors complained about the smell whenever we opened our windows. 

My mom was usually at work, and my father got fired so he found something to occupy his time, resulting in his drunken state. He wouldn't even clean his goddamn mess! A sudden crash startled me. I turned around to see a new patch of glass and beer littering the floor. I sighed, it wasn't a new thing around here.

"You were in the hospital?!" father bellowed. He grinned and I just stood there, emotionless.

"Look at you wasting money! The medical bills and ambulance fees are going to crush us, you inconsiderate little brat. It would have been better if you died." he sneered, not even taking into consideration that he was talking to his own blood. Sure, I expected this from my father, but I didn't think he would say it in front of my mother, who was standing in the kitchen, probably making something for my father to eat.

"Us?" I asked, clearly having enough with his BS. "Mama is the only one here that has a stable job here! There is no 'us'! And to think that your comment would actually affect me in a drastic way, you've done worse." I stated, and with that, I left for my room.

"I wouldn't jinx it, Julica." Was the last thing I heard from my father that night. I shut the door and sat on the floor. Anxiety bit at my chest and I took a few deep breaths. It was only a few months until I could get out of here with Demetri and get a whole new life without my father. I'd eventually get my mom out of this hellhole, and get my dad arrested.

I stood up and headed towards my desk. I grasped a glass of water from the night before, sipped it and gulped down the medications the doctor prescribed me. This is just lovely.