"I am very excited for you to be joining our family soon," Mr. Noble said.

Riley gripped Luke's hand as she let him pull her closer to him while smiling at his father.

"I can't wait to officially call you dad," she smiled.

A bit overkill, don't you think? , Luke smirked as he shared his thoughts with Riley.

Riley dug her nails into Luke's hand in annoyance. She widened her grin as she gazed at Michael Noble while cussing Luke out in her mind.

"Good, I have decided on a New Years Eve wedding."

"Oh, that's only two weeks away," Riley gasped. "What will I wear?"

"Don't worry, dear. It is taking care of. Later this week you will be meeting with the seamstress and bridal party," he explained.

"Also, when you return to the states, I want you to hold a press conference with the whole Wizarding community announcing your loyalty to me. Both of you," he ordered.

Riley, don't protest. Agree. He needs to believe you.

Riley swallowed the bile in her mouth as she forced a smile across her lips, "Of course. Why wouldn't we? Is that right, Lukie poo?" She asked as she rubbed her nose against his.

Ok, talk about lack of personal space, Luke blushed.

Luke returned his gaze to his father. "If that is what we must do to keep them safe, then I will agree to it."

"I would suggest you act a bit more enthused during the announcement if you want to convince the Resistance to give up once and for all," Mr. Noble snapped.

The sound of a xylophone filled the room. Michael Noble frowned as he pulled out his phone, annoyed by the interruption.

"What do you-" Michael Noble began.

Riley and Luke watched as the man grew angrier. He rushed from their hospital room, arguing with someone on the other end. Riley and Luke cast worried glances to each other with an ominous twisting in their guts.

"I don't like whatever he is planning," Luke muttered.

Riley nodded her head in agreement. She glanced outside, watching as the sky darkened, tugging on Luke's arm as she pointed. His eyes widened in shock as he rushed over, pressing his face up towards the glass, sensing all the magic in the air. Wren came rushing into the room, his face pale with terror as he studied the outside sky.

"Wren, do you have any clue what is going on?" Luke questioned.

"They staged an attack on the Resistance. I sent Amon to warn the others, but I am afraid we are to late. Things went south sending Bethany's forces into a retreat," he replied.

Luke paled, his hands shaking as he squeezed the window pane, a sickening feeling in his gut. Chelsea and Nathan were probably at the base at the moment, and judging by the lack of sun, that was Kyle.

Luke never witnessed Kyle's magic, but he recalled the whispered stories from his parents along with Chelsea's confession when he questioned her about it back in middle school.

He glanced over as Riley took one of his hands, squeezing it as she offered him a supportive smile that didn't reach her eyes. She was terrified too, but she was trying to stay strong. She didn't know about Kyle's magic, or if she suspected it, this was the first time she was witnessing it.

As soon as the sky went dark, light broke out again, a deep boom being heard miles away from the source of the explosion. Luke knew that whoever was within a fifty mile radius wouldn't make it. He collapsed to the ground pulling at his hair as tears streaked his face. Chelsea was gone. He would never see her again, and it was all because of his father.