|| epilogue ||

Two months later, Kim Jungkook pushed open his apartment door, terrified he was too late. "Tae!"

"In the bedroom."

He shut the door behind him and dropped his bag on the entry table before he hurried down the hall. Taehyung was bent over a suitcase, zipping it closed. "I got tied up at work, and I thought I missed you." Jungkook's voice broke and he felt ridiculous. Tae might be going to Busan, but he'd see the elder in two days.

Taehyung stood upright and turned to the younger, the look in his eyes making him tingle from head to toe. How could Tae always look at him with such wonder, as though he were seeing him for the first time?

He pulled Jungkook into his arms and kissed him. When he lifted his head, he smoothed the hair back from the younger's face, searching his eyes. "I think I should postpone my trip and leave when you can get away on Wednesday."

"No, don't be ridiculous," Jungkook said, more for his own benefit than Tae's. "You have to be there tomorrow for the big meeting with the new investor. It was your idea to merge your business with my father's. You have to be there to oversee everything."

"You're more important than some business meeting, Jungkook. Besides, Jin can take care of it."

Jungkook snorted. "Jin? He can barely feed and clothe himself."

"He'll be there anyway. He's coming with me."

That was news to the younger. "Why? He hates business meetings."

"I have a feeling it has something to do with Namjoon."

"What? But he's still with Jisoo."

Tae kissed Jungkook again, taking his breath away, along with all thoughts of Jin and Namjoon. The younger's knees weakened and Tae wrapped an arm around Jungkook's back, holding him to his chest. "I really think I should postpone this trip," Taehyung whispered huskily into his ear. "I'm not sure I can be away from you for two days. The longest we've been apart is twelve hours."

Jungkook looked up at him and forced a smile. "Some people like Namjoon would find that nauseating."

"Good thing we're not like that."

Jungkook looked down at his chest and smoothed several imaginary wrinkles from his shirt. "No." The younger forced his voice to sound firm. "You need to go, and I can't come with you today because of my meeting tomorrow. I'll come back on Wednesday for a visit back home like we planned."

Tae sighed and placed a lingering kiss on Jungkook's lips. "Being responsible sucks."

Jungkook laughed. "I couldn't agree more."

"I'll stay with your parents until I pick you up from the train station, then we're staying in a hotel. Because after being away from you two nights, I can't promise to be quiet in bed."

Tae kissed Jungkook again, making the younger wish he had time to strip off both their clothes.

"Do me a favor," the elder murmured against Jungkook's lips.

"Anything," he sighed.

"If some man sits by you on the train and offers to stand in as my proxy, refuse."

Jungkook gave him an ornery grin. "I don't recall having any say in the matter the first time." He laughed. "But I couldn't imagine my life any other way."

"Nether can I, Jungkookie." Tae placed a soft kiss on his lips, filling Jungook with love and contentment. "Neither can I."

-----

A/N: a fluffy finish to this book story~

edit 9.14.17: aHHHTHANK YOU ALL FOR THE SUPPORT

edit 7.22.18: I still can't believe how many sweet, supportive readers there are here!! thank you again a billion times over-- there's nothing as satisfying as an audience that enjoys a story... Love you guys!💙💙