~ Green Eyes ~

***********************************************************

No one spoke but everyone slowly looked over to Jason and then back to me. It was a story they knew all to well. Sometimes those killed don't stay dead. Sadly, I was one of those cases.

Without warning I was tackled to the floor... in a hug? Damian was squeezing me tightly and mumbling something into my sweater. I laughed nervously and patted Damians back.

" Ive missed you too kiddo."

Jason let out a long whistle. " Never seen him get that close to anyone."

Damian growled and I laughed ruffling his hair. Everyone in the room was watching our interaction intently. Damian stood up and sat back into his chair with straight posture and his hands folded in his lap.

" Ive missed you a great deal, Lilah. I hope to get a chance to catch up." His english accent was perfected and his tone was practiced. Fake.

" Damian, I swear to Hades if you ever, and I mean EVER, talk to me like that again... I will cut your tongue out with your own dagger."

Damian clenched his fist tightly. Oops, I scared him.

" Only joking... Kinda" I teased.

"Im sorry Lilah." Damian hung his head like a scolded child.

" We will talk later, Damian. " and trust me, i meant it. I wanted to know why he was acting so different... what had they done to him after i left?

==

Lunch at Wayne manor was incredible. Alfred should really open a restaurant of his own. The way Damian was acting bothered me. He is a child not a man. I folded my napkin on my empty plate and tuned into the table conversation.

" So, Jason, How did you come across Ms...."

" Lilah. " I filled in for Bruce.

" Um.." Jason looked over at me. " Work."

"Really?" Bruce was digging for information. It seemed almost too obvious.

" Mhm"

Damian spoke up. " Whats wrong with your eyes?"

I looked down at the table.

" What?" i asked.

" Why are they a different color?" I gritted my teeth

" Because they just are."

"Lilah-"

" ENOUGH Damian!" Damian looked down at his plate and I took a deep breath.

Everyone at the table was watching me now.

" I-im sorry for my outburst. Im acting like a child."

I remained quiet and the boys started up their conversation again.

I really need to get a hang on this temper before it gets even worse.

( I'm sorry this is a very short chapter but I really need ideas. Please, if you have any ideas, leave a comment below and I would really appreciate it. )