Chapter 8 ~ Am I a friggin Power Puff Girl???

At this point I was sitting on the very edge of my seat. If I scooted foward anymore I would've fell off.

"Emily," my mom said, I could see tears about to fall out of her eyes. "Your father and I wanted a child so bad."

It was true. According to my mom, she had two miscarriages before she had me and at that time she was almost too old to have a kid. She always told me I was a miracle.

"But we were starting to lose hope." My mom continued. "And these.. these people came to us and said they could give us a baby."

"Did they give me to you or did they do something to make you able to give birth to me?" I asked carefully.

My mom took a long time before answering.

"The former." My mom sighed.

"So I'm adopted?! Why didn't you tell me?" I said way more harsh and loud than I meant to.

"It's not like that-" my mom started, but I didn't even let her get her thought out.

"But I look just like you and Dad!" I said. "Everyone says so."

I was practically perfectly half my dad and half my mom. My light brown hair was right in the middle of my dad's black hair and my mom's blonde hair. It was long and wavy, just like my mom's sister's. I had my dad's exact eyes almost. My mom's facial structure. My dad's brother and I had the same little wrinkle on our left ear.

"Exactly." The doctor said cutting in. "You were made to look just like your parents. It's too perfect."

He said it like I was some kind of Power Puff girl created in a laboratory. Oh god... was I?

"What does that even mean?!" I said, looking at the doctor, then my mom.

"These people told us-"

My mom was cut off by the sound of glass shattering. By the sound of it, it was the window at the front of the house.

The combination of adrenaline and dangerous fearlessness the doctor gave me in the past few hours had me running to the front of the house. I got there first, with the doctor not far behind me and my mom watching from the sofa.

The front window was completely smashed and the front of the house was crawling with about a dozen of those damn robots. I gave the doctor a 'what do we do' face, but the robots scurried past us to where my mom was sitting.

From there, everything happened really fast.

I stood in the same spot like a helpless idiot as I watched the robots come up to my mom. I saw a fast beam of light hit my mom in the stomach and watched uselessly as she gasped in pain and fell to the floor. The doctor got his screwdriver to make a high pitched noise which made the robots scatter, as I realized it was too late.

I stood there in shock as I realized my mom was dying right in front of me and I ran to her with what I swear was only 3 steps, even though she was across the house.

"Oh my god, Mom." I said, kneeling down in front of her.

She was bleeding profusely, leaving a huge stain on the front of her shirt. She's had that shirt forever, it was always one of her favorites.

"Emily." My mom barely let out.

She looked up at me with wet eyes, but for some reason mine were dry.

"Doctor, do something!" I shouted.

This wasn't supposed to happen. The doctor was supposed to come up with a plan and fix everything. Nothing bad was supposed to happen.

"I-I can't." The doctor sputtered. "I'm sorry."

"We can't do nothing!" I cried. "We need to at least call an ambulance." I said reaching for my phone.

"Don't." My mother said, putting a hand on my arm to stop me. "You were with him, weren't you? You're not supposed to be here. I'll call."

She retrieved her phone from on the couch with a weak arm. I felt bad afterwards for not helping her.

"I need an ambulance." My Mom said to the 911 operator on the phone. "I got shot."

She gave the operator her address and hung up. I snatched a blanket she had laying around and started applying pressure to her wound in attempt to stop the bleeding. There was already so much blood, though.

"'Mom, you're going to be okay." I said frantically. "You're going to be alright."

I was supposed to be assuring her, but I was really trying to reassure myself.

My mom's eyes began to flutter shut.

"Mom! Stay awake, try to stay awake. Please." I said grabbing her shoulders.

"Emily," my mom repeated with a weak smile. "My beautiful girl."

"Mom." I said desperate for her to magically recover. For this all to be another one of those crazy dreams that I should see a shrink about.

"You've grown into such an amazing woman. I'm so proud of you." My Mom whispered, like she barely had any energy.

"Stop talking like that, Mom." I begged. "This isn't goodbye, you're gonna be okay."

"I love you so much." My Mom said as tears fell down her cheeks. "I don't regret a thing."

Then she said nothing. Her eyes were still open, staring at nothing.

"Mom!" I screamed.

I never got to say I love you back.

I shook her to try and wake her up, but she was like a rag doll. I felt her pulse. Nothing. I felt her chest to see if she was somehow still breathing. Nothing. I checked her heartbeat. Nothing.

"No!" I screeched. "No! No! No! She can't be dead! She's not. How could this be real? I flew here in a box! I'd be dumb to believe any of this!"

"Em, we have to go." The fake man I created said, putting a comforting fake hand on my shoulder.

"We can't this leave her here!" I said. I knew this was all fake, but it still felt like it was my mom.

"We're not." 'The Doctor' said. "She'll be found, but we're not supposed to be here."

"Okay." I said, playing along. I didn't wanna keep looking at my mom's fake corpse anyway.

I don't remember getting up or walking but I found myself in "the TARDIS" and it flew away.

I had some messed up dreams. I was going to find a psychiatrist when I woke up. I'm sure a psychiatrist would love to get a hold of these dreams.

But if that was all a dream, I never woke up from it.