Chapter 23- The Real Her

See, things happen when Adrienne and I are less than a foot apart. We either kiss or weird things just end up happening with our emotions.

And here we were, hand in hand, body to body, waaaay less than an inch apart.

Adrienne didn't seem to think twice abiut the situation. She just smirked a little and continued to move her feet in the rythym of the bachata. it was like she was leading and I was following but her eyes were somewhere else. I didn't notice it before but I realized she didn't seemed stressed or preoccupied....just calm.

The last riffs of the guitar sounded and the song was over. Everyone cheered and that's when I realized just how many people were watching.

I smiled, so I seemed humble, and turned to Adrienne. She the corner of her mouth turned up it satisfaction. But the smile was quickly wiped off her face.

She came closer. "Do you know where the bathroom is?", she whispered to me shakily.

"Somewhere down that hall, I think.", I said pointing to a set of doors.

She quickly set off in that direction, leaving me to wonder what's wrong. Before I could follow, I was greeted by another crowd of reporters.

* * *

I waited worriedly in the hall for Adrienne. She emerged a few minutes later, looking run down. She didn't have that glow that I saw her have when we were dancing. I knew something was up.

I know she had said that she didn't drink but it was clear that she had drank a little something tonight. instead of confronting her, I just tried to help her out. I didn't want anyone seeing her like this.

"How about we leave and go back to the rooms?", I suggested.

She didn't say anything, she just nodded. She obviously had more to drink than I thought.

I linked her arm in mine so she could steadily walk and we went back upstairs using a stairwell on the other side of the hotel so that the press didn't see us.

As we walked, I thought back to the night back to the night in Puerto Rico when I had gotten drunk.

But that was the thing.

I wasn't that drunk.

I actually remembered the night clearly, despite what Adrienne thought. All those things I said about her...I said it with a clear mind. I just pretended not to remember so that things weren't permanently messed up between us.

I mean, things were different since that kiss but not as bad as they would be if Adrienne knew how I felt about her. I didn't even know how I felt about her, to be honest. Did I have feelings for her or am I just one of the tons of guys who wanted to get with her? I didn't know...

I decided to bring her to my room for a bit to keep an eye on her until she was sober again. I unlocked the door and motioned toward the bed. "You can just sit down, Adrienne."

She did and she stared at the ground for a minute with a blank stare on her face. "I threw up.", she said suddenly.

I nodded, showing I wasn't shocked. "You seemed pretty sick."

She was quiet again before saying. "Am I drunk ?"

"I think so.", I told her. Obviously, if she asked me a question like that, she was drunk.

"Oh...I'm sorry."

It was weird seeing her like this. She was like a lost child. I didn't know how much she had to drink exactly but now I understood why she was against the whole idea in the first place. "I...it's fine..."

"God, I'm such a terrible person."

"What makes you say that?", I asked her. This wasn't like her, to get all emotional and stuff.

She shook her head. "I'm just a terrible person. A terrible mom. A terrible employee.", she slurred. 

her thought were all I've the place. "Don't say that, Adrienne. It's not true."

"But it is."

This wasn't the confident, strong Adrienne I knew. Alcohol can really change people.

I went over and hugged her. "Just don't think like that. okay ?"

She wiped a tear. "I just wanna be the mom that my mom never was. I wanna open up my own photography studio and just move away and start a new life for my daughter and give her everything.", she went on to say. And then she continued to cry.

This was the real Adrienne, I realized. Not the drunk one but these things she was saying, this was the real her. I just wanted her to stop hurting. I wanted her to know someone cared. So, I kissed her.  I kissed her with the crazy idea that it would make everything alright.

And she kissed me back believing everything would be alright.

I knew we both wanted to take things further but I stopped. She had a guy back home that could love her and I wasnt trying to steal her. I couldn't do this. i barely knew this girl yet i was pretty sure i was in love with her. I didnt know what to do. I just hugged her and comforted her until she fell asleep.

And when she fell asleep I started writing a song.

Amarte como te amo es complicado
Pensar como te pienso es un pecado
Mirar como te miro esta prohibido
Tocarte como quiero es in delito....

--_-------–-------________________

did this chapter suck guys ? be honest please.

I bet youre wondering why I updated on a Saturday. its because I trashed my whole updating schedule. I'll update whenever now.

please vote & comment and happy LVK tomorrow.

Love y'all