Chapter 13- Youre A Really Great Guy

Chapter 13

"Is everything okay?", I asked Adrienne, concerned.

She shook her head. "No. I have to do something important. I'd hate to pull you away from work but..."

I checked the time again and figured it was alright. "Well, we were gonna leave soon anyway. Just, uh, let's get in the car." I had no idea what was going on but I figured it had to be urgent. We quickly said our goodbyes to Sergio and left.

"Now, where exactly are we going?", I asked as I started up the car.

"Central Park. That's not a problem, is it?"

"No, not at all. That's, what, five, six minutes away?", I told her. "But, uh, why exactly are we going there?... you know, if you don't mind me asking."

I glanced over at Adrienne and she smiled uneasily. "I guess I should have told you sooner...", she said as she nervously played with the ends of her hair. "I kinda have a daughter."

I was thrown off but decided not to freak out. Well, I was freaking out on the inside but I kept it cool on the outside. "Oh...", I said stupidly.

"Yeah, I guess I shoulda told you sooner..."

"Oh, no... I would've done the same thing..."

She seemed to be a little relieved. "Well, I'm glad I could tell you this. You don't understand how good it feels to not hide it anymore..."

"Am I the only one who knows now?", I asked curiously as I turned a corner.

She shook her head. "No, Omar knows too. But thats it."

Well, at least I could freak out with him now. "Oh..."

The rest of the trip was relatively quiet.

We finally arrived at Central Park and Adrienne quickly got out and ran over to a black sedan parked a little ways away from us.

A guy got out and talked with Adrienne for a minute as he handed her a bag. She opened a door of the car and a little girl, who looked about three or four, got out. Adrienne and the guy chatted for a few more minutes and she looked apologetic. A little bit later, he kissed the litle girl in the forehead, got in the car and drove off.

Adrienne made her way back over to me with her daughter. "Thanks again." She said greatfuly. "So, I guess I'll just see yiu tomorrow?"

"Oh, you dont want me to drive you home?", I asked, concerned. "Its not a problem."

She shook he head. "No. It's fine. I promised Marilyn that I'd take her around the park for a bit."

"And how are you supposed to get home after that? "

She shrugged. "No sé. Ill take a cab or something? "

"All by yourself with a little girl?" I got out of the car. "Nah. I have no problem waiting for you two."

"You sure?"

I nodded. "Positive."

Marilyn tugged on the bottom of Adrienne's coat. "Mami, that Prince Royce. You listen to him, right. El corazon no tiene cara. He sings that song you always sing to me, right? "

Adrienne smiled and blushed a bit. "Yep, mi'ja. He's mommy's boss."

Marilyns eyes got big. "Really? Wow." Then she looked over to me. "Hi.", she gave a shy little wave.

"Hey.", I said sweetly, bending down to her level. "Its nice to meet you, Marylin."

She smiled innocently and buried her face info her mother's coat.

I stood upright. "She's a charmer."

Adrienne smiled. "Thanks. It runs in the family.", she said jokingly as she flipped her hair.

"Mami, can we go get icecream now?"

Adrienne looked down at her daughter. Her daughter...It was sort of weird to think that. "You sure, Marilyn? I mean, it's kinda cold."

Marilyn considered this for a few moments. "That's true. Maybe they'll have hot chocolate?"

Adrienne laughed. "I doubt it. But I'll tell you what. Ill take you to Starbucks later and we can find you some there."

"Okay.", Marilyn said without protest. "But we can still take a walk right? "

Adrienne looked at me as if asking for permission.

"You don't have to worry about me", I assured her. "I don't have anywhere to be after this, so enjoy your time together."

She flashed a smile. "Thanks. It means alot."

As we walked, Marilyn told Adrienne all about her week and Adrienne took it all in with a smile. I sort of stood there awkwardly, not wanting to interrupt the mother daughter moment.

I noticed Marilyn looked alot like Adrienne. Same curls, same bone structure, even the same smile. The only difference was the eyes. Marilyn had bright, gray eyes. I started to wonder where she got them from. Adrienne had brown eyes and the guy in the car, who I assumed was Marylins father, had dark eyes too. Either way, I could tell she was going to be beautiful...just like her mother.

"Mommy. Im cold. Do you think we could go to starbucks now?"

"I guess thats my cue.", I said with a laugh.

Adrienne came closer and whispered in my ear. "You dont have to do this."

"Yes, I do." I whispered back. "Its the least I can do."

She smiled at me again. This time more beautiful than the last. "Youre really a great guy, Royce."

Those words wouldnt have sounded better coming from anyones mouth but hers.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

omg im so sorry that you guys had to wait so long for this crappy chapter but I was having technical diffuclties.

am I forgiven ? :'(

please vote & comment

Love yall ♥