Chapter 15- Lo Que Tengo Que Hacer

I slowly pulled out of the parking lot of Marylin's daycare. Dropping her off wasnt actually that much of a hassle. Yeah, we both didnt want to be separated again but she took it pretty well.

I made it to 2Strong within a few minutes, remembering that I wasnt trying to be late for anything today.

Parking my car, I quicky gathered my stuff, made my way inside and punched in. I sat down at my desk and got ready to do all the work that has been piling up from the day before. soon after I got started I saw Antonio come out of the rec room. His eyes seemed to brighten a bit when he saw me. "Oh, hey Adrienne.", he said, smiling happily.

I smiled back. "Hi, Antonio." I was a little nervous before I came in that things would be awkward between us since the other night but everything seemed fine.

"You, uh, weren't here yesterday. I missed you.", he said with a sly smile. He came over and sat on my desk. "And I missed you a lot more considering I know what you're hiding under that sweet girl you make yourself out to be."

I blushed a little. I felt like I had to adress the other night, even though I didn't really want to. "You don't...what happened the other night...doesn't make you think I'm a hoe or anything. Does it ?", I said the words slowly but that didn't stop me from instantly regretting the words once they were out of my mouh.

He raised an eyebrow. "So, you're asking me if I think you're easy."

"Yeah. Pretty much.", I said.

He shook his head. "Nope. I just think you're not one of those girls who doesn't think you're too good for every guy. But you shouldn't care what I think... or what anyone else thinks. You're as close to perfect as someone could get...God, took his time making you, Adrienne." He stood up and gave me a kiss on the cheek. "I should get going. I'm pretty busy today. But I'll catch ya later."

And with that he left.

He was such a sweet guy. If anything, he was the perfect one. But honestly, I didn't care about his opinion on me or anyone else's for that matter. I had better things to do than worry about what people thought of me. I just...didn't want to slip back into old habits.

I mean, I was twenty years old with a four year old daughter. If I didn't snap out of my hoe-ish ways after getting pregnant, I probably wouldn't have completed high school.

So, trust me. That was not a life that I wanted to relive.

*Prince Royce's POV*

I don't wanna be the bad guy, I thought as I entered the 2Strong parking lot. Just don't be shocked when she says no and thinks you're a money hungry workaholic.

I called the office phone and Adrienne answered right away. "Hello?"

"Hey, Adrienne. It's me, Royce. I'm outside now, so just come out whenever you're ready."

"Okay. I'll be out in a minute.", she said before hanging up.

I sighed and waited patiently. I had no idea why I was so caught up over this. I just didn't want to separate Adrienne and Marylin again. After seeing them together...after seeing Adrienne so happy just made me feel happy for her. I still hardly knew this girl but for some reason I just new she needed some happiness in her life. There was something holding her back...you could see it in her eyes-

There was a tap at my window and I looked up to see Adrienne standing outside of the car. I unlocked the door and she got in.

"So, whats the agenda for today, Mr. Royce?", she asked. I hadn't noticed it before but she had a throaty, Bronx accent tbage reminded me off home. I smiled slightly but my reminiscing was short-lived when I remembered what I was here to do.

"Before we get to that, I have to ask you a question in regards to your job."

A slight look of fear was on her face. "I'm not getting fired, right? Does it have to do with yesterday...?"

"No...you're not getting fired. It's just that I have to do a ton of press in the next few weeks and I kinda need you to be there..."

She seemed immediately relived. "Oh, I can do that."

"But the thing is...", I continued. "We have to go to the Caribbean."

She let the news sink in for a minute. "I think I can handle that.", she said, surprising me.

"A-are you sure?", I asked. "I don't want to separate you from your daughter again..."

"Trust me, Royce. I'm completely okay with it. I guess you gotta do what you gotta do...", she said before giving a sad sigh. She looked up at me. "When's the trip?", she asked. I could see determination in her eyes.

"The week after Thanksgiving."

She nodded. "Well, I guess we have ourselves a deal then."

"Adrienne. I dont want you to do this because you feel like you have too."

"But I do have to.", she said, giving me an indescribable look. "I have to do this for my daugher."

▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼

short litte chapter before the good stuff happens .

yes. good stuff IS going to happen thanks to you guys :) I honestly didn't think I had that many readers on this story but you guys showed me that you all care so much and seeing all those comments made me realize I shouldn't sweat too much about the story.

sorry for scaring yall like that. ive been having some issues for the past month and I guess it shows on here too.

so, please vote and comment. what's gonna happen now ?

oh and guys please read LilMiss_Boricua 's story "Darte Un Beso" and enter her contest !

love yall ♡