Chapter 19-Why So Promiscuous ?

Everything at the dinner was going pretty smoothly but to be honest, I really had no idea why we were here. I figured it was for press and a sort of "welcome to Puerto Rico" but I found it kind of pointless.

I spent most of the night talking with reporters about my album Phase II, which I had released a little over a year ago and about the album I was writing on now. I answered those questions very vaguely because, to be honest, I didn't know too much about where this new album was headed myself.

I spotted Adrienne chatting with a few people across the room but I could tell her heart want really in it. She really didn't have to be here if she didn't want to but for some reason I felt like she was trying to make a good impression on me or something. I couldn't understand why, I mean, I didn't even like the thought of being "the boss" of anyone.

I decided to make my way over so I could tell her it was okay to leave. A waiter came over and offered her a drink but she politely declined and shook her head. "Yo no tomo alcohol.", I overheard her say.  

I made my way over. "You know, you don't gotta stay here anymore if you don't want to."

"Really ?", she asked, I could see some relief in her eyes.

I nodded. "Yup. After all, your my personal assisant...", God, I hated that term. "not my publicist. And I say that my PA deserves the night of."

"You're serious?"

"I'm serious. I mean, you can stay if you want to but it doesn't seem like you're enjoying yourself all too much."

She opened her mouth like she was about to protest but then slowly nodded in agreement. "Yeah...yeah, you're right."

"Go on then. I don't want to keeo you here any longer if you aren't alright with it. Don't feel like you need to stay."

She gave me a grateful look. "Thank you, Royce."

I shook my head and smiled. "Don't thank me. I really don't want to make you do something that you don't wanna do. In case you don't know,  I'm not happy unless the people around me are happy."

* * *

// *Adrienne's POV* //

I was laying down on my hotel bed, editing some photos, when Royce came back about an hour or two later.

"How was it?", I asked once he entered the room.

He shrugged. "Nothing much. Talked to a few reporters, had a few drinks, died of boredom a few times...you know?"

"Was it that bad?", I asked.

"Just a bit. Trust me, I saved you back there.", he said jokingly. His attention was drawn to the TV, which I had left tuned to a channel that played older movies. I was a little to immersed in my laptop and my photos to change the channel. "Whacha watchin'?", he asked.

I looked up. I didn't even know what I was watching. "Um, it's... oh, is this How To Marry A Millionare? I love this movie."

Royce sat on his bed and started to undo his tie. "You watch old-timey movies?", he asked.

I nodded. "Yeah, sometimes. This is just one of my favorites because Marylin Monroe is in it."

"I didn't know she did movies.", said Royce.

"She did a decent amount. She was a good actress. I used to be obsessed with her. I mean, I even named my daughter after her."

"Hey, I just learned something new.", he said thoughtfully.

"What do you mean?"

"Like, I actually learned something about you. I mean, you "work for me", don't you? I honestly don't know a thing about you. I don't wanna be the guy who's disconnected with his team, you know?"

"Oh...well, I definitely don't want you to feel that way."

"Okay then.", said Royce leaning in and propping his head in his hands like a child waiting to hear a story. "Tell me a bit about yourself, Adrienne."

I laughed. "There isn't really much to tell. I'm not a very eventful person."

"Come on. You seem exciting enough. I could tell you something about me if you want..."

"What's there to tell?", I asked. "Your full name is Geoffrey Royce Rojas. You were born on May, 11, 1989. Born and raised in the Bronx. Your favorite color is green. Your favorite food is sancocho. You have..." I suddenly stopped myself when I saw the look on his face. "I'm sorry.", I said quietly

"No, no, It's fine. It's just, damn, I didn't know you knew all that much about me..."

"I-I used to be a huge roycenatica...", I admitted. "Besides that was only the basics..."

He raised an eyebrow. "Used to?"

"I mean, don't take it the wrong way but I had so many other things going on in my life at the time...actually, you know what? That's what I'll tell you about?"

"Ooh, story time.", he slurred.

I smirked. "I'm gonna tell you about how I was basically the hoe of my high school."

"You what?" He was clearly a little shocked.

"Back then...I basically had no self-respect. I kinda laugh looking back on it now because I know I was stupid but you can't really learn if you don't make mistakes, right ? But anyways, I used to obsess over you around that time. I knew all the words to your songs and dreamt of meeting you one day..."

Royce's eyes lit up a bit. "Well, here we are now."

I smiled and laughed a little. "Yeah, here we are. But, its not like I just stopped liking your music. I just had to go and act all promiscuous with my boyfriend at the time and I messed up and had a kid. I'm not saying Marilyn was a mistake but..." I sighed. "It's a bit hard to fangirl when you have a mouth to feed other than your own, ya know?"

He nodded understandably and looked like he was in deep thought. I didn't know if that was because of the alcohol in his system or because of my story.

"But, don't worry. Marylin knows all your songs and I sing her Corazon Sin Cara a lot before she goes to sleep. I don't want her to grow up with any insecurities because I did and that's how I ended up going down the path I went down...I dont want that for her..." I gave a slight laugh. "I guess you could say I'm still a bit insecure."

"Why?" Royce finally spoke. There was a confused look on his face.

"Why what?"

"Why are you so insecure? You're gorgeous."

I started to feel awkward. I gladly took compliments but this was Prince Freaking Royce telling me that I was gorgeous ? I was starting to think that he might've had one to many drinks.

"Uh...thank you.", I told him.

"Adrienne, I don't think you get it. You're probably one of the most gorgeous girls I've ever seen. I have no idea where you and Antonio stand right now but if y'all are dating he's probably the luckiest guy in the whole damn world." He gave a drunken smile. I honestly didnt realize how intoxicated he was until now.

I could not believe the words coming out his mouth.

I couldn't believe he saw me and Antonio had something.

I couldn't believe Geoffrey Royce Rojas just called me gorgeous.

Lord, help me now. Something just has to go wrong.

▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲

sorry you guys had to wait all day for this. I'm in the hospital so it took me a little longer time finish writing.

but, what did y'all think. Geoffrey' s been drinking, he's been drinking. lol do you think he really meant what he said. would he have said that if he was sober ?

Please VOTE & COMMENT ♡ especially comment cuz I love seeing feedback.

Love y'all ♥