Chapter 7- I Kinda Forgot To Mention...

"Yes. Like on a date."

Well, damn. I thought for a minute. "I mean, sure. I don't really want you to go all out though..."

He smiled, looking relieved. "Well, something simple then?"

I nodded.

"I got you, Adrienne. So, ill go to your place? Around six-ish?"

I smiled. "Sure. That'd be great."

"Great.", he said happily before going back to the rec room.

Oh my god. I just landed a date with Antonio... and it was only my second day on the job.

The phone rang, snapping me out of m happiness. I answered it. "Hello?"

"Hey, um, is there an Adrienne Munoz there?", asked a familiar voice.

"You're speaking to her.", I said.

"Oh, well um it's me. Richie."

Richie was my ex boyfriend. Yes, we'd been broken up for about a year now but things weren't horrible between us. "Oh, um, hey. How are... things?"

"Good, good."

"Uh, can I ask why you're calling?"

"Oh, yeah. I was wondering if I could keep Marilyn with me for a few more days."

"Richie, no. I told you, you have her until the end of the week since I was moving."

"I know but I'd like her to stay a little longer."

"I don't know-"

"Come on, Adrienne. At least until you're all settled in."

I thought for a moment. "Fine, I guess. Since its Friday you have until Tuesday."

"Thanks, Adrienne. Do you wanna talk to her?"

"Yeah, I do miss her."

"Okay. Hold on." There was some fumbling with a phone for a minute and Richie's whispering in the background before Marilyn's young voice answered. "Mommy?"

"Marylin? How are you, baby?"

"I miss you, Mommy.", She said quietly, with a sad time in her voice.

I tried hard not to sound too sad myself. "Mommy misses you too, sweetie. But I'll see you in a few days okay?"

"Okay.", she said, sounding a little happier. "I love you."

"I love you too, mi'ja. Bye."

"Bye." More muffled sounds again as the phone was handed back to Richie. "Listen, I gotta go but I'll call you later."

"Okay, you two stay safe. Bye."

I hung up the phone and looked up to see Omar standing in front of me worn his mouth open.

I blushed and laughed nervously. "Yeah, I forgot I mention. I kinda have a daughter."

〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰

😳 wut.

short chapter, but hey, it's still an update.

what do y'all think is gonna happen now ?

please vote and comment . I really feel special when I read all those comments you leave :3

aight. well peace !

love y'all. 😘