Intro.

I believe that wishes do come true.

But at the same time you have to be careful what you wish for, because your wish could turn into a curse.

Like on my twelfth birthday when I wished that I didn't have the body of a six year old boy. And now seven years later I was blessed with the curse of curves.

And as all the guys at the office couldn't keep their eyes off of me when I walked in, I silently wished that I was back at my grandmothers house. But then again, I guess only some wishes come true.

*One Day Earlier*

"Adrienne, Llevantate!", My grandmother called from down the hall.

"Dame un minuto!", I yelled back.

"Adrienne Mercedes Munoz! Don't you make me come in there!"

I groaned as I rolled out of bed and got ready. Today was a big day. I quickly took a shower and got ready. I somehow managed to get my curly, dyed-red hair to stay put, which seemed like a miracle. I decided to wear a plain t shirt with my signature leather jacket and some dark jeans. I looked in the mirror and smiled with satisfaction. Professional yet fun.

I came downstairs to the smell of coffee brewing and I licked my lips. I didn't know what she did but my grandma's coffee was the bomb and was always the perfect start to my day. She raised an eyebrow and she slid a cup over to me. "Oh, wow, you're actually up."

"Abuela, you woke me up."

She rolled her eyes. "I know. And it's a damn shame I did. Nineteen years old and can't wake herself up.", She said as she sat down.

I said nothing and sighed before taking a sip of my coffee.

Abuela noticed my silence and gave a smirk. "Mhmm. Thought so." She stirred her coffee for a moment then looked back up at me. "Why are you wearing those?"

I knew immediately that she was referring to my contacts. I wore brown contacts because I had naturally gray eyes. Most of you would probably be like "ohhh, lucky. I'd kill for your eyes!" but I just find it awkward to be Latina and have gray eyes. "'Cause...", I said stupidly.

Abuela shook her head. "You're a lost cause, Adrienne." Her facial expression soon softened. "But I'm gonna miss you...", she said with a slight smile.

I smiled too. "Ill miss you too, old woman.", I said jokingly. We actually had the best relationship. We were super close and my grandma was the most chill old lady you could ever meet.

I checked my watch and sighed. "I should get going soon."

"Hmm, yeah. I guess so. You got all your stuff?"

I nodded. I had loaded all of my stuff into my car the night before.

She pulled me in for a hug. "Stay safe out there, okay?"

"I will."

She smiled as she held me at arms length from her. "You're just the spitting image of your mother...minus the eyes."

I attempted to smile as She said this. I hadn't seem mom since I was seven, after I got taken away from her when she was charged for drug possession and an array of other crimes.

Abuela gave me a kiss on the forehead. "Knock 'em dead down there in Manhattan. Show 'em you're not just any girl from the Bronx. (A/N I don't know exactly where 2Strong is located or if it even has a specific location so just go with it. Lol)

"I will.", I said.

My grandmother waved before I left and I made my way to my car. I was about to start my new life in Manhattan.

〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰
There's a little teaser for you. 😝
This is my new fan fiction I'm going to start after "Tú y Yo" is finished. Which I hope y'all will really enjoy !