|| twenty-seven ||

Start from the beginning

They'd only just walked in when Jimin stalked in from the kitchen, a coffee cup in his hand. He set it down on the end table next to the sofa. "Did he threaten you?" he demanded of Jungkook, the veins on his neck bulging.

Jungkook released his hold on his mother and turned to look at Jimin. "What? No!"

"I don't see what all the fuss is about," Gran said, still crunching on her cereal. "So Jungkook wanted to have one last night as a single man." She grabbed another handful. "You can't blame him for wanting wild, single sex."

Knickers' face turned beet-red. "Mother!"

"Gran," Jungkook laughed. "I don't think it counts if you're having wild, single sex with the man you're marrying."

Jimin looked even angrier. "I do not want to hear about my little brother's wild sex. Especially with that violent asshole."

Jungkook shook his head. "Tae would never hurt me. His brother did something related to their business that he saw as a betrayal."

"Their business?" he asked, incredulous. "I thought he was a financial director. Does he own the freaking company?"

Oh, crap.

Gran continued, oblivious to the change in topic. "I heard something on the news about how all you kids are into BS stuff because of that Fifty Shades book. I read it, you know." She lifted her eyebrows at Jungkook, grabbing another handful of cereal. "Are you and Taehyung into whips and colored rooms?"

"Mother!" Knickers gasped in shock.

Jungkook began to laugh, despite his horror. He cast a glance at Jimin, who looked close to losing his breakfast. "It's BDSM, not BS, although some people might call it that too." Jungkook tried to get serious. "You really don't expect me to discuss my sex life with Tae in front of my mother, do you?"

Gran shoved some of the cereal in her mouth. "It might loosen her up. Maybe she and your father should try it."

"Gran!" Jimin shouted.

She shrugged, reaching into the box again. "I'm just saying a little spice in the bedroom might loosen her up. Or she could put some of those contraptions in the basement. There's room for a dungeon down there."

Jungkook burst into laughter.

"Although I'm worried Seongjin might get carpal tunnel if he uses a whip." Gran lifted up her hand and began to flick her wrist, mimicking the motion.

"Mother!" Knickers shouted.

Gran gave one last wave of her hand and cereal went flying across the room, a piece of it hitting Knickers in the face.

"Oww!" she screamed, covering her face. "My eye."

"Mother," Jungkook groaned. "Don't be so dramatic. It was a piece of cereal."

"It was a piece of cereal that hit my eye." She staggered past a chair as tears streamed down her cheek. "I need to wash it out." But as she stumbled across the floor, her foot slid on a piece of loose cereal on the wood slats, and she knocked her shoulder into the kitchen doorjamb. Releasing a loud cry, she started to fall.

Jimin hurried over to her to keep her on her feet, but she cried out again.

"Mother?" Jungkook asked, running over to her. "Are you okay?"

But as soon as he reached her, he knew she wasn't okay. Her shoulder was sticking out at a weird angle. "Dad!" he shouted, then looked up at Jimin. "Where's Dad?

Jimin's eyes bugged out and his face turned pale. "I...I..."

Jungkook groaned. "Don't you wimp out on me and pass out, hyung. I haven't forgotten what happened when we were kids and I needed stitches in my hand."