14.

Chapter 14
"Two Girls?"

I awoke the next morning with arms wrapped around my waist. It felt almost safe. Assuming it was Diane, and completely forgetting what had unfolded the night before, I began to cuddle into the arms of the stranger. "Woah", the person mumbled. That didn't sound like Diane. Cautiously I turned. I quickly unwrapped myself from her arms when I saw who it was. "Morning, babe." Confused but in need to get home I checked the time. 10 AM.

"Did I sleep here? ...Willingly?" Ruby nodded and stretched her arms out as she yawned. "How?" Ruby sighed, "you don't remember?" I shook my head confused. "Well, you were out at the park 'thinking about life'. You then explained that you had fought with your little girlfriend. You also mentioned something about her cheating." Suddenly last night and what had happened came back to me.

I was mad to say the least but still confused as to why I awoke next to Ruby. "Seeing that I walked it to the park, uh, would you mind driving me back home?" She nodded and got out of bed to get ready.

"Thank you. I guess I'll see you in a bit for the meeting?" Awkwardly she nodded and waved to me as I got out of her car. I took a deep breathe and walked to my front door. I fumbled with the keys for a minute or two. I was in need of some coffee and an aspirin now that I mentioned it.

As I opened the door I immediately noticed the huge mess. I rolled my eyes. My heart wasn't prepared though to see what I saw next, the transgressions of what took place last night.

As I walked into the bedroom I noticed the empty bottles of alcohol scattered all over the ground. I sighed in annoyance, my head pounding with every step I took.

I finally made my way over to my bedroom door. I took a deep breathe before opening the door. I then gasped as I saw her laying naked beside two other girls. Two girls? I only remembered her bringing one home. "Diane", I sternly said, loud enough to awaken her from her drunken slumber. I hoped though that she'd be sober enough to feel guilty and come to her senses to realize her mistakes.

"Mhmm?" She mumbled, rubbing her eyes. "Had a good nights rest I see, and on my bed?" I spat as anger began to boil up inside me. I was fed up. As I drove here with Ruby I realized that I was done being thrown around and manipulated by those who claimed to "love" me. She then awoke, looking straight at me then to her naked body and friends. She gasped and instantly wrapped the sheet around her before getting up.

"Erin!" I shook my head and continued to throw her belongings into the suitcase. "I was drunk! Not thinking straight!" I rolled my eyes at her pathetic excuse. She's been hammered before but never once did she cheat on me or flirted with anyone. "Can you quit being a little bitch and listen to me?" Annoyed, I turned to face her. "Me? The bitch? Excuse me but I wasn't the one who slept with two other girls on my significant other's bed and trashed her place! I wasn't the one who made a scene last night and left me alone to go get drunk!" Diane then began to sob. "I'm so sorry, babe." I shook my head, "you still had the nerve to come home and see me and ask who I was. Here. Just go. I don't care where but just leave. Maybe one of your friends over there have a nice place." She shook her head in disbelief and ran out. I sighed and sat on the ground. Why was my life so damn difficult? I checked the time and groaned. Might as well get ready for that meeting with Ruby and her family.

I walked into the office and was greeted by Bryan. "Hey there, doll. Here's your drink." I smiled sadly at him but took the drink, thanking him. "Hey, hey, hey- what's wrong? You look completely out of it." I sighed and sat down beside him. "I broke up with Diane." He gasped, "why?" I turned to him, shaking my head, knowing if I got into explaining the details I'd begin to bawl and look like a mess in front of my clients who were to walk in any minute now. "It's ok. You don't have to tell me but just know I'm here for you and if you ever need someone to talk to, you know where to find me." I smiled and hugged him, "thanks, I appreciate that. Let me know when my next clients come in." He nodded and waved to me as I walked into my office.

-Ruby's Point of View-

I cursed as Cody and mom rushed into my car. We were already running late to meet with Erin. My mind then began to wander to somewhere else. Oh sweet Erin, her beautiful light skin and dark hair cascading onto my skin as she cuddled me this morning. Despite the fact that I had promised myself not to get attached to her in fear of hurting her, here I sat, driving to meet up with her as I thought of inappropriate ways to caress her skin. I shook away the thoughts as her office came to view.

"Ah, yes, the Langenheims, right this way. She's been expecting you." I took a deep breathe as her assistant guided us into her office. As we walked in my heart broke. There she sat, cigarette in hand and her mascara a bit runny. I felt bad. I knew why she was in this state. As she noticed us she quickly threw away the cigarette and wiped away any makeup that was smudged. "We're so sorry, hun. We were running a tad late." She smiled politely at my mom but there was a hint of sadness in her look. "It's alright, you made it, that's all the matters. Let's get down to business, shall we?" And as quickly as she said that, she forgot about any personal issues, pushing them aside, and began to work with my mom and brother.

The entire time I watched her. She was professional and dedicated to her work. She was very intensive when listening to suggestions made by either Cody or mom. The way she wrote everything down and smiled at them as she nodded in agreement. She was beautiful. "Ruby?" I snapped out of it and turned to her. "Yeah?" "Cody was wondering if you'd be able to play at his party?" I turned to my brother and nodded, "of course." He grinned and turned to Erin, "you're the best." She giggled and began to write some more stuff down.

My mom hugged her and waved goodbye as she walked out with a rambling Cody. "That went well." I looked up and met her eyes. "Yeah, as long as Cody's happy, mom and I are happy." She nodded and sat down, awkwardly looking around, anywhere but at me. "So... are you ok?" She looked up at me finally. She sighed but nodded, "she moved out. Well, I sort of kicked her out but I'll miss her although it's for the better." I nodded, clearing my throat. "Well, I better get going." She nodded and smiled at me, "see you around?" I chuckled, "you know it."

// Ending Note \\
hey guys, this is a short update but an overdue one. hope y'all enjoyed and continue to read on.

looks like things are looking up for Ruby and Erin? hmm, I guess you'll just have to wait and see.

does Diane deserve a second chance? I mean she was drunk... but still, two girls?? in Erin's bed??!

leave a comment on your thoughts!

-terryakibowl