9.

Chapter 9
"Graduation Party"

-6 Months Later-

I smiled as I walked into my local business. Over the past couple of months I have focused on pursuing my dream of being a planner and receiving my business degree. By doing so I had to leave my old job at the restaurant to be a full-time planner. It was definitely bitter sweet.

My personal life? Well, I did talk to Melissa and Carter the day after I had caught them and we're all good. Now, for my romance life, I am currently seeing this girl I met at school. Her name is Diane and we've been seeing each other for about two months. Best two months of my life. We were friends before we took things to relationship status. I took my own advice and took things slow, not wanting history to repeat itself...

"Morning Erin! Did you get any sleep last night?" Bryan, my assistant, greeted as I walked into his office. I giggled at the thought of last night. "Morning to you too and yes, I actually did. We got home until 3 in the morning though!" He laughed, passing me over some papers. "Well, you did leave until 2, anyway, this lady called asking if we'd plan her son's graduation party." I nodded as I read the information. "Let me just check if we have any other commitments on that day and I'll get back with you." He nodded and waved as I walked out.

"I'm getting lunch today, what do you want?" Bryan looked up from his laptop, grinning. "Well... at the restaurant you used to work at they sell these salads and soups that are to die for." I laughed, nodding, "I know, I worked there but alright. Anything else?" He shook his head, "That would be all, oh and the usual drink!"

I walked into the familiar restaurant, smiling as I was greeted by familiar friendly faces. I was almost immediately greeted by Ernie and Brianna. "Erin! You finally have came to visit us!" I giggled as they engulfed me into bone-crushing hugs. "I know! It's just that I've been so busy!" Ernie smiled, ruffling my hair. "I'm so proud of ya'! I remember when you would always talk to us about how you wanted to finish school quicker so you'd be able to start your own business. Ah, the days." I smiled, sighing as I remembered the good old times. "I miss you guys! I should really come in one night!" Brianna nodded almost immediately. "Anyway, I'm here to order some lunch. Do I need to wait in line?" She laughed, shaking her head, "Of course not! What would you like?" I smiled and followed her to the main counter. "Two salads and bowls of clam chowder soup, oh and a berry blast margarita!" She nodded as she wrote down the order, ripping it out of her notepad. "I'll be back in a couple of minutes with the food, don't you miss saying that?" She joked. I gave a small pout, shaking my head lightly. "Not really!" I called out causing her to laugh.

"A little help!" I yelled out, attempting to open the doors with my arms clinging onto the food. Bryan quickly looked up from his desk, getting up immediately. "Shit, sorry. You should have buzzed!" I rolled my eyes playfully, "I'm hungry, I didn't want to waste any more time!" He laughed, shaking his head as he walked back to his desk. "Anyway, have you checked if we had any commitments for the date of the graduation party for the lady's son?" I nodded my head as I took a bite of the bread they served along with the salad. "We don't, so if you would please call back and let her know that we're open." He nodded, taking a sip of margarita. "Will do!"

I sighed as I laid onto my bed, Paw licking my arm as he snuggled up onto it. "That tired, babe?" Diane called out as she walked in with her coffee. I nodded, turning to her. She sat beside me, grabbing her book from underneath the bed cover. "You look so cute with your new reading glasses", I teased, poking her nose. She groaned, laughing sadly. "No I do not! They're huge!" I rolled my eyes, pecking her cheek. "Big or not, you still look beautiful." She looked at me smiling. "Thank you, I love you, you know that?" I giggled, nodding, "Yes, yes I do. I love you as well." She grinned, pecking my lips. "Now goodnight, you're tired and you need your good nights rest." I sighed, wrapping the blanket around me. "Goodnight, love you." Before I drifted into sleep I felt her ruffle my hair, whispering back the usual, "I love you".

// Ending Note \\

What are your thoughts on Diane? Are her and Erin cute?
Leave a comment! I love reading them, really.
Thank you once again for reading!
Hope you enjoyed!

- terryakibowl