10.

Chapter 10
"An Hour Later"

I walked into the building grinning from ear to ear. "Someone got some morning delight", Bryan teased. I laughed and rolled my eyes at his silly choice of words and phrasing. "I can only say that the greatest delight is waking alongside Diane." He smiled and aw'ed, pretending to wipe away tears. "You two are the absolute cutest. As delightful as it is to chat with my lovely boss, I called the lady regarding her son's graduation party and told her we were free and so she should be here in... an hour." I nodded and took the file from his grasp. "I got the necessary information." I thanked him and proceeded to walk into my office in order to prepare for my soon to be meeting.

I finished placing the graduation catalogs on the desk along with other decoration catalogs that were deemed necessary or appropriate for a graduation party. Bryan then knocked on my door, "Erin, she's here." I nodded and wiped the small amount of sweat that had formed itself onto my forehead. "Let her in, offer her a drink as well." He nodded before walking out and gently closing the door behind him.

Minutes later he walked in with a woman around her mid 30's. "Good evening, I'm Erin Carpenter and it's a pleasure meeting with you today." She smiled and shook my hand. "Oh why thank you, I'm Ms. Langenheim. I'm really desperate to throw the best party for my son and willing to do anything. After all, my daughter's the one who will be paying", she joked. I laughed and took my seat, motioning for her to sit as well. Grabbing the pile of catalogs I asked, "Well, what's your budget?" She thought for a minute, "I'm not quite sure but my daughter should be here in a couple of minutes, may we wait?" I nodded.

After a couple of minutes which would soon be an hour Bryan knocked on the door. I looked up impatiently. "She's here", he said gently, opening the door a bit wider. I almost choked on my coffee as Ruby walked in. "Are you fucking serious?" She muttered as she took a seat beside the her mother. "Ruby! Language! Please, this is a meeting for your brother's graduation party, be polite." She rolled her eyes before looking at me dead in the eye. "So, are you going to show me those catalogs or do you expect me to do everything?" I looked at her in disbelief.

"What did I just say Ruby?!" Her mother's face was now reddened from anger. Ruby just scoffed and shook her head, obviously not pleased to see me.

"Well, uh, Ms. Langenheim, what is the budget?" She turned to Ruby, "Million. Like my mom most likely told you, we're desperate. Do what you have to do and I'll do my part, sounds easy right?" I nodded then handed over a specific catalog, "This one has beautifully decorated balloons, table decorations and lighting. Outer decorations, really. The most ideal way of decorating a graduation is always on the school's colors." Ruby's mom smiled and took out a picture. "The school colors are blue and black." I nodded, flipping the page onto the black and blue decorations. "You see, there are specific colors and combinations that go well together over other colors. Would you want it sophisticated or the typical teenage party? I've had many costumers who tried making it sophisticated but the kids never seem to enjoy it." She turned to Ruby once more, "What do you think, sweetie?" She sighed, putting a finger under her chin, "Have it normal, I don't want Cody to have a shitty party." I nodded, writing it all down. "What are his favorite hobbies, interests, music genre?" Ruby grinned, "He's into baseball, skateboarding, and alternative rock." I smiled, "He sounds like a pretty cool person with equally awesome hobbies." Ms. Langenheim grinned, "If only you were younger by a couple of years, Cody would definitely like you." I chuckled, shaking my head. I was soon interrupted by Ruby's scoff, "And if only she wasn't gay." Ms. Langenheim's eyes grew instantly, "I'm so sorry dear, I didn't mean it." I shook my head, "Don't worry, I was flattered actually, but back to business, I think I have a few ideas so I'll arrange them on my organization board and if you can we'll meet up tomorrow around the same time?" She nodded, extending her hand out. "It was nice working with you and you've definitely been a great help!" I smiled and shook her hand. Ruby rolled her eyes as she stood up. "I guess I'll see you tomorrow." I sighed silently but nodded as I closed the door behind them. Bryan soon walked in with a cup of my favorite smoothie in hand. "I love you", I yelled out as I ran to hug him. "That stressful? The daughter definitely gave off this, uh, pleasant vibe." I nodded, "Trust me, I know."

// Ending Note \\
I'm not so sure whether or not Ruby indeed has a brother or sibling. It's all for the story so bare with me.
Hope you enjoyed!
Thank you so much for reading!
Comment anything! Favorite color, vegetable you hate or a simple hello!

- terryakibowl