8.

Chapter 8
"Old friends turned lovers"

"Uh, sorry, I thought this was the bathroom." Melissa quickly got off of Carter. "Erin!" She yelled as I closed the door and ran out. As I ran out of the house I bumped into someone. "Shit, sorry", I quickly apologized before storming off. I couldn't believe it, Melissa and Carter? Really? It's not that I mind or anything but she could have at least told me what was happening. Suddenly my thoughts were interrupted by thunder. I quickly looked up, a huge rain drop hitting me almost instantly. I groaned as I began to run in search of somewhere there was a roof of some sort that would cover me.

Minutes passed and the rain still had not stopped. I was contemplating whether or not to just walk it home, it was about 7 blocks away, or wait it out. As I grabbed my bag, deciding to walk it home, a car beeped it's horn, causing me to drop it. "Get in!" I turned, rolling my eyes as I saw who it was. "I'd rather walk." She laughed, getting out and running to me. "I will carry you to my car if I have to." I scoffed at her pathetic threat, "Oh please, aren't you like trying to avoid me? Just do yourself a favor and go home. Wouldn't want to waste your time." She smiled as she shook her head, "It may be a bad moment but you're so cute when you're mad." I rolled my eyes, walking away. She quickly grabbed my arm, turning me. "I don't get you, honestly what is this? One moment you're all sweet, then the next you're distant and trying to avoid me! I've been nothing but nice to you! Trying to be your friend, for crying out loud!" She sighed, letting go of my arm. "It's just who I am, deal with it", she spat. "I'm trying!" She laughed coldly, taking a step towards me. "Don't tell me you thought we had something going on? Oh that's hilarious!" I looked down in embarrassment. She chuckled to herself, "Sweetheart, if you haven't noticed, I'm not the dating type. I'm more of a one night thing and it's pretty obvious that you want something serious. Sorry to burst your little fantasy bubble but it's not going to happen." Her words stung as she looked me dead in the eye.

She suddenly got closer, "Don't get too attached, I'll just hurt you", she whispered onto my lips, walking away right after. I stood shock as she drove away. Millions of thoughts raced through my mind as tears threatened to escape my eyes. How could I be so stupid?

Luckily the rain stopped after Ruby left. I sighed as I opened the front door, slamming it afterwards. I threw my bag onto the counter as I walked past the kitchen. I made my way towards my room, wanting to change and just get some rest. Today has definitely not been my day and quite frankly I wanted it to end.

I laid on my bed, staring off into space. I couldn't sleep whatsoever. I groaned as I felt my stomach growl. If it's something that I hated more than today it's definitely the dark. Not wanting to go to the kitchen, I wrapped my blanket tightly around me. The same thoughts from earlier today had began to race through my mind once more. Her cold words were what hurt the most. How could I be so stupid and think that something would happen. I finally realized it. I really did want to get to know her and possibly start something, whatever it would be with her... She said it herself, I expected something out of nothing. I always get too attached. I sighed, closing my eyes. "Don't get too attached, I'll just hurt you."

// Ending Note \\

Melissa and Carter? Who would of thought? What are your thoughts regarding them two as a couple? Comment them, I love reading your responses!
Thank you once again for reading!
Hope you enjoyed!

- terryakibowl