4.

Chapter 4
"All Alone"

-Ruby's Point of View-

"I already told you! I had last minute plans with this designer on my latest project." Phoebe explained, waving me off and laying down onto our bed. I followed her, folding my arms. "That's what you always say!" I exclaimed, raising my hands in annoyance. She just chuckled, turning her back on me. "We all know they aren't just your friends! Just be honest with me, you've been snooping around! That's why Erin even had noticed you stood me up! Do you know how embarrassing that was? Probably not because you don't care about me!" I yelled out in frustration, turning her over. She gasped a bit, getting up and glaring me down with her arms crossed over her chest.

"You think that low of me? That I would cheat? If I'm the one cheating then who's Erin? Maybe you've been the one snooping around. You're always at those useless DJ gigs!"

I laughed coldly, "Erin's the hot babe from the restaurant", I explained, slightly smiling at the thought of her. Phoebe unfolded her arms and thought for a second, a smirk then growing on her face. "I should go visit her some time", she teased. I rolled my eyes, grabbing my coat. "She's not interested in you, she came to my gig tonight." Phoebe scoffed, "Where do you think you're going?" I ignored her, slamming the door behind me. I didn't even know where I was going but I needed to leave. I was tired of the constant arguing and mistrust we had.

I slammed my car door, walking, or rather storming out. I knew it was too late and she wouldn't be here but hell was I hungry. "Table for one", I muttered. The hostess nodded and smiled as she brought me to a table. I felt lonely and broken all of a sudden. "Maybe this is how it's supposed to be" my subconscious thought. All alone. I'm always ruining my relationships.

My thoughts were soon interrupted by the waitress walking over and introducing herself. "Just a ham and bacon sandwich and some coffee", I ordered, waving her off. She smiled sympathetically and walked away. I slammed my fists onto the table, causing attention to myself. "The shows over", I spat, flipping them off. Some old couple just shook their head in disgust, great they most likely think of me as some drunk. I rolled my eyes and sighed, laying my head down onto my arms. "Here you go", a voice said calmly, placing the food beside me. I looked up and nodded before eating the food, wanting to suddenly leave. I felt sick.

-Erin's Point of View-

"I have no work today so we can go out to the park and maybe get some frozen yogurt?" I suggested over the phone. My cousin chuckled and agreed. "Thank you so much! You're a lifesaver! My usual babysitter just called about an hour ago saying she had other plans! Unbelievable, I know! Anyway, I'll bring Nancy over in an hour, thanks again!" Kelsey explained. I smiled and said goodbye, placing my phone onto the counter afterwards. Might as well get ready.

An hour later Kelsey brought her one year old daughter, Nancy, and explained to me her eating schedule and how to make her formula milk. I was currently walking through the park with Nancy on her stroller. I noticed some ducks crossing as they followed their momma duck. I smiled at the view and pointed over to them, calling Nancy to look over. She giggled a bit and clapped her hands. "Duckie", she squealed. I grinned over to the precious baby, sighing as I thought of the possibility of having kids someday.

"One small cup of vanilla and one medium cup of mango with lemonade and strawberry", I ordered. The cashier nodded and began to prepare the frozen yogurt. "How old is she?" The lady behind me asked, smiling down at Nancy. "She's only one", I explained grinning. The lady aww'd and turned to me. "Well, she's beautiful." I thanked her and payed for the cups. "Thank you come again!" I smiled and walked over to a nearby table.

The sound of the door bell rang after, signaling a new costumer. "Here you go, good girl Nancy!" I said in my best baby voice as I was feeding the little girl. "You have a daughter?" A familiar voice asked. I looked up and met eyes with Ruby. "Oh no, she's my cousin's kid." I explained, blushing. Me? A kid? I shook off the thought, not being to imagine myself with a child at the moment, despite wanting one in the future. "Oh, well see you around then", she mumbled before walking away. I looked at her confused. She turned back a bit as she waited for her yogurt. I looked down, shaking my head. She was just so mysterious that it made my head hurt. I quickly finished my yogurt, standing up and walking out with the stroller in hand. "Guess our little play date has been cut short", I said to Nancy. She just babbled some noises and proceeded to eat her yogurt. Fortunately, she didn't spill any on herself as we walked back home.

"Was she crying too much?" Kelsey asked, rocking Nancy to sleep. "Not at all, she only cried once because Paw had licked her." I explained laughing at the memory. Kelsey fake pouted, "She didn't miss me as much as I thought and hoped for", she mumbled. I laughed once more, patting her back, "It's okay, there there." I teased, causing her to fake cry. "Anyway, thanks again and hopefully I didn't spoil any dates you had", she winked. I rolled my eyes, "What dates? I never go out on them to begin with." She shrugged, "Maybe you'll meet someone? Well, I got to go, Lucas will be home in an hour and I have to prepare dinner." I nodded and hugged her goodbye.

I dialed Melissa's number for the third time. "Hello?" An unfamiliar voice answered. "Hi, is Melissa there by any chance?" I asked a bit unsure. The voice laughed, "Do you not recognize me, Erin?" I bit my lip, confused, "No, not really." The voice then laughed again, "It's me Scott." I froze. Scott? No, this can't be happening. "Oh, hi Scott", I laughed nervously. "How have you been?" I asked a bit annoyed. "Pretty good, and yourself?" I rolled my eyes, like he cared. "Good as well... so is Melissa there?" I asked once more. "Oh yeah, here let me pass you her." I nodded, taking a bite of my apple. "Hey, what's up?" She asked, the sound of her footsteps and door closing in the background. "What's going on? Oh nothing, just that you didn't tell me your brother is back in town! You know what he did to me!" I yelled, anger boiling up inside of me. "Calm down, I didn't know either! He just came out of the bloom, I swear", she explained, sounding sincere. "Fine, I believe you but I guess going out tonight is a no?" I sighed. "We can still go, but I know Scott will want to come along." She muttered, sounding annoyed. "Oh, well I guess-"
"You know what, I'll pick you up in an hour, we'll go out to a club or something." I smiled and agreed before hanging up.

An hour later the familiar sound of Melissa's screaming and car horn was heard from my room. I grabbed my bag and made my way out, locking my door and running to her car. "I needed a day off, I babysat-", I stopped halfway into my sentence. I felt the tears of frustration and disappointment form in my eyes as I looked at Melissa. "Hi Erin!" Scott said smiling innocently. I rolled my eyes, walking away and slamming the door. "Erin!" Melissa yelled, hopping out her car. Flashbacks from what had happened between Scott and I ran through my mind.

// Ending Note \\
Flashbacks??
Dun, dun, dun!
Hope you enjoyed this chapter!
Thank you so much for reading!
Leave any comments, suggestions or questions- do not hesitate!

- terryakibowl