13.

Chapter 13
"Apologies"

He laughed and engulfed me into a bone crushing hug. Not being able to push him off I kicked him. "Get off me!" He pulled away almost instantly with a look of disbelief across his face. "Erin? Why would you do that? Are you drunk?" I scoffed as he gasped, "Why would you want to hurt me?" I rolled my eyes at his foolishness, "Quit with that, 'I'm innocent, what did I ever do to you', act! You know exactly why I don't like you! You hurt me!" He stood there for a couple of seconds without moving or saying anything. "Listen, I am so sorry for what I did but that was years ago! I honestly thought you were over it, you know, since you're out and everything." I looked at him in disbelief, "I would have been over it if you actually talked to me and not just tried to sweep everything under the rug. What you did really hurt me, disregarding the fact that I'm out." He sighed and put his face into his hands. He then began to cry, "I am such a dick." I sighed and walked over to him. "Listen, I forgive you but just remember that I won't be as nice as I was." He looked up and wiped his tears, "That's understandable, but I am truly sorry." I nodded and patted him in the shoulder, "Well, that's that. I actually have to go home now so see you around." He nodded and waved before walking into the party.

It was around 4 am when she woke me up. "Who are you and why are you in my bed?" I looked up and gasped a bit. She had brought the same girl who had flirted with her to our home. I instantly got up and pushed past them. "You're unbelievable! When you wake up sober I hope the guilt kills you."

Once again, I was at my local park just thinking about life. Why did I get so attached to people? First Ruby now this. I couldn't do this anymore. I looked at the water below me and contemplated whether I should jump in or not. I took a deep breathe and stood up. As I finished removing my shoes a pair of strong arms caught me. I screamed and tried to escape. "Stop kicking! It's me!" I sighed in relief but still tried to get out of her grasp. "Let me go." Ruby sighed and did as told. "What are you doing here and why'd you scare me like that?" She shook her head and looked down, "I thought you were going to jump and try to... uh, kill yourself." I looked at her and laughed. "I would never." She looked at me and shook her head once more. "Well, it seemed like it." I folded my arms, "But what would it matter to you? I'm nothing to you, remember." She groaned and kicked the rock besides her. "I regret saying that okay? Listen, I was having my own problems and here you come just causing more! It wasn't easy." I knitted my eyebrows together, "I caused you problems? You were the one who was too afraid of commitment and couldn't even talk to me without getting angry and pushing away." She rolled her eyes, "Maybe because I was cheated and played on too many times and didn't want to get hurt again." I sighed and sat besides her, "I'm beginning to understand how you feel." She turned to me confused. "Yeah, as I'm here just thinking about life my girlfriend is probably screwing some other girl at our apartment." She gasped a bit, "What the actual fuck? If someone lucky enough to be with you would do something like that then that just shows how idiotic they are." I laughed a bit, "I'm the bigger idiot because I always get too attached. I seriously need to control my emotions and not always fall head over heels for people I just meet." She laughed, "But what if that person also was head over heels over you? If that makes any sense." I shrugged, "Seeing how anyone can fake such emotions I would still fuck it up somehow." I sighed and took my phone out. "Great, it's already past midnight and I have a big meeting tomorrow with your mom and brother." She then got up and extended her hand. "Let's go."

"Seriously, you didn't have to do this. I could have fallen asleep on that bench." She laughed and shook her head, "Absolutely not. Here are some pajamas that should fit you." I nodded and took a hold of the oversized shirt and shorts. "Thank you, this means a lot." She smiled and nodded before walking out and shutting the door behind her. I couldn't help but smile as I raised the clothes to my chest. This was the start of something beautiful.

***
This chapter is longer than others since I had to start fresh. My story was flipped around completely so that's why I took long to update since I needed to find a way to return back on track. Thank you for being so patient. Hope you enjoyed, if you did please vote and comment! Thank you!

- 🌴