1.

Chapter 1.
"Same Sex"

"Hi! Can I please have a vanilla iced coffee with almond milk, light on the ice?" I ordered smiling. Iced coffee was my absolute favorite drink, ever.

"Of course, gorgeous", the barista complimented. I couldn't help but giggle as I awkwardly stood there blushing, my face resembling a tomato.

"Erin?" The same barista called out, smirking as he did so. I laughed as I made my way to the counter. "Here you go", he winked. I thanked him before walking out and into my car. As I placed my drink into the cup holder I noticed numbers written beside my name. "Well then", I mumbled, smiling to myself. If only I wasn't attracted to the same sex then maybe I would call him up.

"Why can't you just have both? My feet are getting tired", I whined as I folded my arms in annoyance. Melissa, my best friend, laughed but shook her head. "When am I going to need two tube tops? Let me just find the perfect one then we can go out eat. Got it?" I grinned, suddenly fine with the overbearing time it took for Melissa to shop and nodded, clapping my hands together. "Sounds like a plan to me."

"This soup is amazing!" I exclaimed grinning. Melissa giggled but agreed, finishing her soup as well. "Tell me, how was your first day on the job last night? Don't leave out any details, especially the juicy ones." I rolled my eyes playfully. "Well to begin with, my uniform was way too tight for my liking. It was awful at first but the constant moving took my mind off the wardrobe malfunction. Anyway, this group of girls came and I was in charge of waiting them and one of them was hitting on me", I explained, chuckling a bit. Not that I wanted to sound pretentious but I put the pieces together and blonde one was pretty friendly towards me throughout the night. "Well babe, you're hot", Melissa shrugged, taking a sip of her drink. "Why thank you, darling."

I walked into the restaurant once more, fixing my collar. I waved to Brianna as I checked myself in, putting my belongings into my little locker. I found them quite cute actually. The lockers that is. "Prepare yourself, Erin! It's a full house!" Bernie warned, laughing but his eyes widened in worry. I sighed heavily, "I was born ready."

"Thank you, hoped you enjoyed!" I said as I handed over a couple their receipt. The girl looked at me in disgust but turned back to her date, smirking and grabbing him. I laughed to myself but waited patiently for them to pay. The guy looked a bit surprised and taken back at the amount on the receipt. "Uh, um, here you go", he whispered, taking out money from his wallet and passing it over hesitantly. I smiled politely and took the money. "Have a nice night", I replied, turning to the girl, who looked angry and embarrassed. They quickly turned and walked out, cursing at each other. "You sure are expensive, don't expect a second date any time soon", was all I was able to hear. I laughed as I walked back to the kitchen.

"She was looking at me as if I was a threat to her", I explained, shaking my head. Brianna laughed but patted my arm. "Gosh, how I hate those costumers. This one time-"
"Erin! We need you at a table!" A voice called out, interrupting Brianna. I apologized and excused myself, grabbing my notepad and pencil.

As I made my way to the table I noticed a familiar face. "Great", I mumbled.

// Ending Note \\
Hoped you enjoyed.
Thank you for reading!
Leave any comments, suggestions or questions!

- terryakibowl