Sarah~1

Bell rings rather loudly in the hallway of Redwood High School, signing the class period is finally over. I begin to pack my belonging into my backpack before I joins my classmates to head next period class but I make sure to wish my teacher a goodbye before exiting her class. Once again, I'm back in the noisy hallway where students meets other students, begin to talk their ways to classes or such. Minding my own business, I begin to stuff my hands into my pockets as I walk down the busy hallway towards my next class; Chemistry. The lab is quite far from the last class I had earlier, but that doesn't bother me as I still have the balance of 15-20 minutes before another bell rings for the next period to start. 

"Hey, Sarah!", greets are send to me, as I walk down the hallway. 

Pulling a soft, friendly smile to my face, I make sure to waves at them in return while flashing them my smile. It's been a habit of mine, to do like such. Besides of being one of the popular kids in my school, I'm just really friendly person. I don't really like to make enemies, as I'm not big fan of violence nor swearing too much. (I do cuss, but not too much) Soon enough, four of my very close, best friends since middle school joins my sides; Sam, Jenny, Augustus and Rocky. 

"I've been wanting to see you, but I'm always late for class.", groans Augustus. 

I chuckles, assures him that it's alright before reminding that he's seeing me now. Grinning at me like little boy he is, he lock his arm on my shoulder before pull me closer to his side. I'm quite short, for my age but not enough to be classified as a dwarf. Most of my friends are about 5' 8" and above, while here I am, standing as a 5' 5". I feel absolutely tiny whenever I stand besides Augustus or Rocky, as they stands with height of 6' 8". I look like baby shrimp standing right next to either one of them, but I never bothers much about it. I still look cute though, at my height. While we're walking to our next classes, we manage to pull a topic of chat and the boys obviously able to crack jokes on everything we talk about. That's what make us, having best group of friends in this school ground. While we're laughing and chatting, Jeanette and her group stop us by blocking our ways to classes. As we being stop abruptly and have our little conversation get disturbed, my friends begin to groans boredly at them while I remain silence at my stand.

"Well, well, well! Look what do we have here for today's appetizer, guys! The whimpy shrimp group!", Jeanette exclaims at her friends.

It's so obvious that her statement needs to have chorus of laughter and it must come from her friends. Rolling our eyes at them, I just shake my head to her while my friends practically sending daggers of glares at them. I would never be able to understand the reason why Jeanette to be hating us, hating me mostly. I've never done anything to humiliate nor harm her, but she still hates me with passion. 

"Why won't you just leave us alone if you hated us so much? Clearly, there's something attractive in us that needed you to come over us and stop us, but there's no need to throw such shade towards others. You ain't good, as you thought you are.", Rocky talkback. 

That clearly leaves Jeanette in complete speechless before my friends decide to take their leave from there. Sam pull me along, but I manage to pull a small smile to my face as I flash to them before leave with my friends to our classes. I tries to keep up with their paces, but it seems they're still upset with the encounter we had earlier. 

"Hey, c'mon, guys.", I try to ease them. 

I don't like to see them stressing out, upset or such as it only makes me even more worse. As if it's partly my fault that they get the hates, too though I know they won't blame it to me. Augustus stop and turn around to face me, smiling softly before he give me his outstretched hand to grab on. I smile, gladly taking his huge, warm hand before he pull me towards him, wrapping his arm to my shoulder as I stand close by his side.