I moved closer to Sam and watched at the Soldier jumped down off the bridge. The rest of his guys lined up at the edge of the bridge and shot downwards, presumably at Steve. 

"We've got to get to them. You need a weapon." I told him, he nodded and pulled out a knife, eyeing up one of the other guy's big guns.

"I got a weapon." 

We crept forward, as most of the men abseiled down and began firing at ground level. Sam quickly took out the remaining man and stole his gun. I gave him an approving nod and we aimed over the bridge, quickly firing at the man and watching as they ceased firing at a familiar looking shield and fell to the ground.

Steve then used his shield to bounce back their bullets, running at the last man and taking him out with a few forceful hits. He then looked up at Sam and I. 

"Rose!" He yelled up, indicating that I go with him. 

"Aye, aye, Captain." I saluted and used one of the men's wires to scale the bridge, jumping the last few feet and landing gracefully. I looked back to Sam. "You alright alone?"

"Go! I got this!" he shouted and began firing at more men further away.

"We need to find Natasha!" Steve told me firmly as we ran through the mass of abandoned cars and civilians towards the sound of explosions and sirens.

We found Natasha, wounded and hiding behind a car as the Soldier aimed at her. "You take him!" I generously offered and Steve launched himself at the Soldier as I ran to Nat. Before I could help her, a clang resounded as the Soldier's metal fist collided with Steve's shield. 

The two men began fighting as I helped Natasha rest her weight on me. They were almost equals, parrying every hit they gave each other, ducking and rolling and shooting with rapid speed until Steve ended up a little way away, and the Soldier was holding up Steve's shield.

As Steve ran, the Soldier launched it and it landed in a nearby van as the Soldier pulled out a lethal looking knife instead, the two engaging in close range combat, the knife flipped between them. It was hard to tell who was winning; one minute the Soldier was being thrown to the ground, the next Steve had a knife to him, until he managed to grab his shield and grab the Soldier's mask, flipping him over as he did, the mask falling to the ground.

Slowly, the Soldier stood up, and the three of us watched intently as he turned around to reveal a face we knew too well. Bucky Barnes. Steve's old best friend. Steve immediately straightened up, surprise and confusion etched on his face. I spied a big gun on the ground, picking it up and automatically taking a few steps closer to Steve, leaving Natasha resting against a car. 

The two men stared at each other. "Bucky?" 

The Soldier's face turned. "Who the hell is Bucky?" he asked, raising his gun to shoot as I ran to Steve's side, ready to fight.

Then Sam, in full bird-suit, crashed into the Soldier - or Bucky - knocking him to the ground. When he stood up, he was ready to fire again, until I hauled the gun up on my shoulder and fired at him, a mass explosion erupting around him, clouding the man in smoke as sirens began to wail closer and closer.

Then the big black SUVs arrived, sirens flashing above. A large amount of men quickly got out of the vehicles and aimed their guns at us, surrounding us in a circle. Rumlow coming up to Steve and I.

"Drop the shield, Cap! And the gun, Stark!" he yelled. "Get on your knees! Get on your knees!"

I dropped my weapon. Steve dropped his shield. But we only got on our knees when a gun was pressed to our heads and our knees kicked down. Rumlow's head was right between mine and Steve's. I could tell he was enjoying it as a helicopter hovered above us. Television.