Chapter 8 - Judged

Start from the beginning

"Ah, Madara sama! Izuna sama! Welcome back!" Shigeru greeted us with a respectful bow when he saw us.

"Shigeru? What is the meaning of this? You're walking around....were the medical nin finally able to find a cure for you?" I asked, or rather, demanded an explanation from him.

"Actually, Madara sama, the one who treated me was...."

"The healer from the non ninja village that we had brought here." Tou san joined us and completed Shigeru's sentence.

I turned to him with a narrow gaze. "The healer? Are you talking about the one Tatsuo and Ren informed us about?"

"That's right, Madara. She treated Shigeru and cured him when no other medical nin could." Tou san responded with a sharp gaze at me and Izuna.

"Tou san, you let her treat people even before we could see her? Aniki said he wanted to see her first before deciding if she could be trusted and if she was good enough to serve us!" Izuna said clearly displeased.

"Izuna, Madara, she already is our clan's healer. She has given us her loyalty and promised us her services. We have nothing to worry about....in fact, we have to ensure that no other clan gets their hands on her and the child. Akina and Hiro are now the Uchiha Clan's greatest assets." Tou san said certainly while closing his eyes.

I clenched my jaw and tensed for a moment, remembering the words of the man from the Kiseki Clan – where he said he would take away the Uchiha Clan's greatest asset. I know it didn't have any importance in this matter but I still disliked how Tou san's reference to the healer reminded me of their words. I was enraged that they thought they could look down on the Uchiha Clan.

However, I believe I had more important things to be taking care of at the moment.

"I don't care how good this healer is, Tou san. I told you that I would be the one to judge her loyalty to our clan! With her ability to resist the Sharingan, we can't....!"

"She's blind, Madara sama." Shigeru cut me off.

"Blind? A blind healer?" Izuna mused while narrowing his eyes. "If she's blind, how is it possible for her to be so good at healing? She wouldn't be able to see anyone's injuries."

"Instead of having us tell you about her, why don't you go to her yourselves and see her skills in healing? You can still judge her to see if she is worthy to be our healer and see if my decision to keep her was right or wrong. Just for your information though, she is quite a delicate person who hasn't had the slightest experience in physical stress. Try not to be too harsh with her." Tou san informed before walking past me and Izuna.

Shigeru gave us a respectful bow and followed Tou san down the hallway. Narrowing my eyes and giving a nod to Izuna, we walked towards the room that had been assigned to the healer even before she was brought here. As expected, I could sense two chakras inside, one of which was average while the other was weak.

"Alright, just wait for a moment, okay?" We heard a gentle voice from the other side.

"Aniki, she doesn't seem like much of a threat." Izuna said.

"Hn." I didn't comment to his words and I slid the door open to reveal the room.

Walking across the room holding a ceramic bowl in her hands was a girl about eighteen years old with long silver hair reaching her knees. Upon hearing the door being slid open, she looked towards us giving us a view of her bright violet color eyes. They held a sort of gentleness and innocence along with a hint of curiosity. However, they were filled with alarm as she tripped over some soiled bandages that had been left unattended on the floor.