"Kyna, calm down." He let go of me, his features pale.

"I should have listened to Jim Moriarty." I shoved him, but he barely moved. His eyes widened when he heard what I had said.

"Moriarty?" He spat. "Moriarty?" He looked like he wanted to throw up. "Kyna, please. I'm begging you. Don't get involved with him. Please don't- you'll never be able to get out. Don't let him- please."

"Why? Why should I listen to you? Moriarty wasn't the only one who told me to steer clear of you. What have you been doing? Why are you associated with the name Philip White?"

"I can't... I can't tell you... Please, Kyna. Please understand what I'm trying to say." He clasped his hands together, begging me.

I shook my head. "I can't..." Panic surged through my chest. "I have to get out of here."

"No!" He grabbed my wrist, forcing me back. "Don't tell anyone about me! Kyna, don't!"

"Why not?!" I screamed.

"Because, just... Please, I can't..." He seemed to be unable to form a coherent thought. I sobbed and pushed him away, opening the door. He managed to slam me into the doorframe with his forearm. My shoulder reacted painfully to the contact.

"Get away from me!" I pressed a chord of muscle at the point where his neck met his shoulder and he collapsed, completely unconscious.

My breaths were ragged and heavy. I clamped a hand over my mouth, crying and shaking with what I had just done. My cheeks were cold by the time I had calmed myself down. I brushed my coat off and for the second time pulled out my phone and dialed the first number in my contacts.

"You are in so much trouble." Sherlock said when he answered.

"That's a relief." I breathed, my tone shaky and vulnerable.

"Are you ok?"

"I may have to lie."

"Don't tell me anything over the phone." He warned.

"I'm not ok and I need you to pick me up."

"I'll send John."

"I'll text you the address."

"Don't do anything stupid." He told me.

"Too late." I whispered. I tried not to look at Wiggins' body lying on the ground. After I hung up, I held a finger under his nose, slightly relieved when a small puff of air washed over it.

~~~~~

"So why were you on the opposite side of London?" John asked on the way home.

My eyes warned him not to speak. His eyebrows raised at the expression, but he didn't press it.

We stared out opposing windows and kept quiet.

John obviously has something on his mind, due to the enormous amount of squirming and finger twisting.

"What?" I finally sighed.

"You mentioned school earlier this morning." He blurted.

It took me a moment to remember what he was talking about.

"Yes." I finally said.

"Well... is that... is that something you would consider?"

I shrugged. "Maybe. I can't think of a single reason why I would need it though."

John laughed.

"Of course not."

~~~~~

Sherlock was sitting in the arm chair when we got home, his expression familiar to me.

He carried the features of an angry parent.

"Don't lie, because I will most likely know." He snapped. I sat down on the couch, my thoughts trembling.

"It may be a good idea to tell us everything." John advised.

"I've been hiding things from you." I admitted, the truth practically flooding out of me.

My father rolled his eyes. "That is obvious."

"I've been secretly working on the case." I decided to start with the smallest problem.

"Go on." Sherlock nodded.

"And I was given a note that may be helpful towards it." My voice wavered. I pulled out the shredded slip of paper from my coat pocket and handed it to him. He took it, and after a brief pause, pieced the torn bits together like a puzzle and read it silently.

He didn't speak for a very long time, but I could see his jaw tighten.

"I met someone today." I said quietly. "I... I met a friend of yours."

"Oh." He said. "I don't have-" but he stopped when John cleared his throat.

"Jim Moriarty." I blurted.

I could taste the tension. John's mouth opened in shock. Sherlock looked up from the note, his expression one I had never seen before.

He was taken aback.

"What?" He hissed.

I bit my lip. "He... he's here. And I think he's influencing the case."