Wrong Decisions

Kyna's POV:

I knelt on the ground and gagged, but there was nothing in my stomach to throw up.

I wiped my mouth.

With shaking hands, I pulled out my phone and dialed the second number on my contacts.

"Hello?" He said on the third ring.

"Peter." I shivered.

"Kyna?" His voice was panicky. "What's wrong?"

"I need your help."

"I'm coming. Where are you?"

~~~~~

Ten minutes later I was sitting on a bed in front of a blazing fireplace.

"What happened?" Peter asked, his expression worried. He knelt next to me and rubbed my shoulders, his hands warm against my skin.

"He k- k- kissed me." I swallowed the bile that was rising up in my throat.

"Who?" His anger was coming out through his voice.

"M-" I froze. My shock was slowly ceasing and I could finally understand where I was. I looked around, analyzing everything that I saw. Finally I returned my gaze to Peter, a different emotion churning through my stomach.

"Kyna?" Peter asked, his mouth turning down in confusion.

"You're homeless." I murmured, stating the obvious.

He looked at me weirdly. "Yeah, I know. Now can we please get back to who kissed you?"

I waited for him to realize his mistake, but he just looked at me expectantly. Finally I spoke again.

"Peter, what are we doing in an apartment?" There was an awful silence in which Peter seemed to squirm and grow uncomfortable.

"I bought it." He finally admitted.

"With what?"

"Money."

I stared at him, trying to understand why he was being so normal about it.

"Clearly you think I'm stupid." I snapped.

"Does it matter?" He sighed.

"Yes!" I exclaimed. My hands twisted together and I spoke to the floor. "I knew something was wrong the moment I received that note. I just-" I stopped mid sentence, already regretting my choice of words. Peter's fingers twitched and his eyes narrowed.

"What aren't you telling me, Kyna?" He asked quietly.

"I should ask the same to you Mr. Phillip White." I snapped.

The effect that name had on him was immense. He opened his mouth in shock.

"Where did you hear that?" He asked.

"Does it matter?"

"Tell me where you heard that." His voice was suddenly very dangerous. His muscles quivered and his jaw clenched.

"No." My chin lifted. I knew I was being ignorant, but I didn't want to conform.

"Kyna." His hands were suddenly vice-like on my arms.

"Let me go." I hissed, struggling with him.

"Where did you hear that name?" He demanded.

"Peter!" I whimpered. He was holding me steadily, his voice raising in volume.

"Tell me, Kyna!"

With my entire strength I wrenched out of his grip.

"Why would I ever tell you anything!" I argued. "Why would I ever trust anyone who lies like its his second nature?" I felt hysterical, my heart beating at an abnormal rate.