Assignments

Alexa's POV

I woke up the next morning to find my brother laying next to me. His arms were around me as though to protect me from something. The other boys were up and about. When they saw that I was awake, they looked at me. Ron came over and sat on the edge of the bed.

"How are you feeling?" he asked.

"Better than before. How long was I out?" I answered.

"A month," Neville piped up.

"A month?!" I gasped.

The boys nodded. They didn't seemed surprised that I was in their dorm.

"We saw Harry bring you in last night. We didn't question it, though," Ron told me, seeing my expression.

I nodded and lay back down. Harry stirred and opened his eyes. He sat up and turned to me.

"Are you okay?" he asked.

"I'm fine. If you'll excuse me, I need to get to my own dorm," I said, standing up.

I almost fell, but Ron grabbed me. My body was still getting used to working properly again. Harry took me from Ron's arms and helped me out of the room.

"Can I go up there?" he asked.

"Yes," I answered.

We slowly made our way up the stairs, making it to my dorm. Harry pushed the door open to find the girls all ready for the day. They second they saw me, they froze. Then they turned into worried friends. They raced over and started pelting me with questions.

"Shut it!" Harry snapped.

They stopped talking, looking down. Hermione took me away from Harry and dragged me to the bathroom. She got the shower ready and let me wash up. When I got out, she had already put out new clothes for me. It was the weekend (thank God), and I didn't have to dress properly. I got dressed and ready for the day. I walked out to find Harry still in the room.

"Why are you still here?" I asked.

"We are escorting you downstairs," Hermione answered.

The rest of the boys from Harry's dorm were allowed up, and they all made a protective circle around me. I sighed. They took me to the Great Hall and entered. All noise stopped, and everyone looked at me.

"Alexa!" Tracy screamed, running over and nearly knocking me over in a hug.

The other Huntresses came and hugged me as well. Harry was next to me, making sure I wasn't going to get crushed. Finally, they let me go and pulled me over to the Gyffindor table. People went back to their conversations and left us alone. I sighed, knowing there was a lot I had to catch up on. Thankfully, I was very smart. Plus, I had Hermione to help me. All day, I was with Hermione. She was catching me up on the classes I had missed. As I had expected, I was easily caught up to it all. By dinner, I was feeling much better. Dumbledore stood up, making the Hall go quiet.

"I wish to thank Alexa and her Huntresses for killing the Kraken. If it was allowed to roam freely, there is no telling how many people it would kill. All six will receive a Special Award for Services to the School," he said before sitting back down.

Without anything being said, the students and teachers stood up and gave us a toast. To say I was surprised would be an understatement. Lori, Serena, Tracy, and Zoë were also not expecting this. Sirius and Remus had joined us for dinner halfway through. They hugged me and told me I did a good job. I was happy to be back in the world once more. Now, we had to deal with the monster in the school.