We Get A New Group Name

Alexa's POV

I woke up and found Hermione standing over me. She looked excited for some reason and the cause of it soon became apparent as I heard a shout from the common room.
"Oi! You two get down here now and bring Harry with you!" Ron shouted up to us.
I jumped out of bed, remembering it was Christmas. I had forgotten that Hermione was staying at Hogwarts. I sprinted down the girls' stairs and ran to get Harry. He was still asleep so I grabbed his ankles and dragged him out of bed.
"WAKE UP, HARRY POTTER!!!!! IT'S CHRISTMAS!!!" I shouted.
"What are you doing, Alexa?!" Harry shouted at me, struggling to get free.
"Hermione, help me get him downstairs!" I called.
Hermione came in and grabbed Harry's other leg, pulling him out of the door. We dragged him down the stairs, not bothering to let him go. Harry put his arms over his head to avoid hitting it on the stone steps. Hermione and I were laughing like maniacs as we pulled him into the common room where Ron was waiting. When he saw the way we were dragging the famous Harry Potter on the floor, he burst out laughing. Hermione and I dropped Harry next to the tree and he lay there, moaning.
"Never do that again, you guys," he grumbled. "Can you be serious for once?"
"I can't be Sirius. How can I?" I asked with a smile.
Ron gasped. "You mean, Sirius Black?! How can anyone be him?"
Harry looked confused and Ron and I laughed.
"You handed that one to me, Harry. Sirius Black is, like, a mass murderer apparently. Convicted of working for Voldemort. I personally don't think that is the case. Someone framed him in order to get him arrested. He's currently in Azkaban for 'killing thirteen Muggles, blowing up a street, and killing Peter Pettigrew, his friend who sold our parents to Voldemort.'" I said.
"Wait, what?" Harry asked.
"Peter Pettigrew betrayed our parents, some of his best friends. He's the reason they're dead. He pinned the blame on Sirius. Peter blew up the street, cut off his own finger, transformed into a rat and ran off, pinning the blame on Sirius, your godfather," I explained.
"Sirius Black, a mass murderer, is my godfather? How do you know this?" Harry asked.
"First off, he is not a murderer. I said that already. Secondly, I know because Severus said so," I said.
"I still don't understand why Snape is your godfather. Who came up with that idea?" Ron asked me.
"My mother, Lily," I replied.
"You act like you know Sirius. Is it true?" Hermione questioned.
I looked at her before I heard a pecking on the window. I glanced over and saw Shadow. I let her in and she dropped a letter on the table. I picked it up and looked at it. I had a suspicion I knew who it was and when I opened it, I knew for sure.

Dear Alexa,
I wanted to wish you a very Merry Christmas this year and tell Harry the same. I hope this finds you in time. I wanted to give you and Harry a present. It is enclosed in the package that a second owl is bringing. I hope you enjoy it.
~S.O.B.

A second owl did indeed fly in and drop two small boxes on the table. One was addresses to me and the other to Harry. I set the letter down and picked up the box to me. Inside, was a necklace and a note.

I wanted you to have this. It was your mother's. I found it in the house before people came and gathered around. I have been saving it and managed to get it back to number twelve. I hope you like it.
~Sirius

I looked up to see Harry opening his present from Sirius and he got an amusing shirt. It had the words "I never got my acceptance letter to Hogwarts so I'm leaving the Shire to learn to be a Jedi." I burst out laughing and the other three joined in. I looked under the tree and saw many presents. I picked one up and it was from Ron's brothers, Fred and George. It was a piece of parchment and the note said to tap it, saying, "I solemnly swear that I am up to no good."
I followed the instructions and found a map of Hogwarts. The words "Messrs. Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot, and Prongs are proud to present The Marauders Map."
I opened it and saw all the corridors of the castle plus the surrounding lands. Little dots were moving around, each with a name next to it. I was so excited that I jumped about a foot in the air, startling my brother and friends. Harry was opening a present and looked up in surprise at my excitement.
"It's the Marauders Map, Harry! Our father, Sirius, Peter, and Remus wrote this! It shows the entire castle, the surrounding lands, and where people are. I love it!" I said. "Is that an Invisibility Cloak?" I asked, pointing to the cloak in Harry's hand.
I walked over and pulled it out of his hand. I threw it around my body and, sure enough, it disappeared. I pulled it over me completely and looked at the Map. I still showed up on it but I myself was not visible. I was so going to use this later on. The four of us could be the new Marauders.
"Alexa?" Harry asked, looking around.
I pulled the cloak off and handed it to him. "We can be the new Marauders. That's the group name that these four were called," I said, pointing to the names on the Map.
"Yeah! You're brilliant, Alexa! We can be the next group of Marauders and be just like them. I want to be Peter, even though he was the one who betrayed your parents," Ron said.
"I'll be Sirius. Harry, you can be James. And Hermione, you can be Remus. This'll be so much fun! We'll make them proud, guys. We can do this," I said.
Surprisingly, Hermione agreed to join the Marauders. We knew what we were going to do. We were going to get into trouble, but we didn't really care. This was an opportunity to be better than what the original Marauders were like. We finished opening the presents and then got to work on figuring out pranks on teachers and students alike. I was so happy about the whole thing. I decided to keep the Map and Cloak in the trunk upstairs until it was time to make mischief. We knew who we would target the most; the Slytherins and Severus. I felt bad about it but relented in the end.
I went upstairs to put everything away and get ready for the day. Once I was ready, I sat at my desk and pulled a piece of parchment towards me. I looked out the window and thought about what to write. It was then that Shadow returned and she had another letter. It was from my parents.

Dear Alexa,
We're very sorry but we can't take Harry. Maybe another family will be able to take him in. Merry Christmas
Love, Mom and Dad

I looked at it for a second before writing a reply.

Dear Mom and Dad,
I am very sorry to do this, but I am going to move into Harry's godfather's house. Harry will come with me and we will be in number twelve, Grimmauld Place, London. If you need to write me, Shadow will find me. Don't worry about me. I'm a Marauder, like my father.
Love, Alexa
P.S. Merry Christmas

I handed the letter to my owl, who took off in an instant. I grabbed another piece of parchment and wrote to Sirius.

Sirius,
I wanted to let you know that Harry and I are considering living with you. Is this okay with you? If it is, don't reply. If not, write back to me. Merry Christmas. I loved the necklace, by the way.
From, Alexa

I borrowed Hedwig, Harry's owl, and sent her to find Sirius. As she disappeared into the sky, Hermione opened the door and got ready. We went down the breakfast and we sat down at the Gryffindor table. That morning was rather quiet, mainly because many had gone to home for the holidays. I was happy to be spending the holiday with my new family.