Chapter 72: London

"I can't believe we're leaving." I glance around the cabin that Felix and I have stayed in for one whole month. It almost feels like home now. The overstuffed sofas, tables, tiny kitchen, wooden walls, comfy bedroom. Everything about it has become close to my heart and I've grown to love it. I hope we can come back sometime next year. Marcus and I could come here for our anniversary.

Marcus glances up from the suitcase he's been packing and sighs. "I know you've grown attached, Lee." He sympathises, neatly arranging folded clothes in the compartments of the suitcase. "We'll come back." He promises.

"Haven't you heard Lee's war plans?" Felix pipes up, and I blush red, knowing that he's talking about my ridiculous plans in my notepad. "No, I haven't." Marcus says solemly. "Don't tell him." I warn but Felix looks to Marcus for approval.

"Do indulge me." Marcus teases, smiling and Felix shares the smile with him. "I quote, 'kill Jeanie, find Marcus, emigrate to Turkey.' It's idiotic." Felix smiles while Marcus gives me a curious look. "Why Turkey?" He prompts, gesturing to himself. "I'm a vampire. The hot weather would expose me." He reminds and I shrug, indifferent.

"Turkey seems lovely." I shrug again and he watches me closely. "Do you have a strong connection with the country?" He asks softly. "My father was Turki-" I trail off, unable to continue. "They said he was Turkish. It said in my file." I turn away from him. "It'd just be nice to go to my roots. See where I come from." I add quietly though he heard me.

"I agree that Turkey is very beautiful." He replies, zipping the suitcase. "I've always wanted to learn the language." I pipe up. "It sounds lovely."
"I speak many languages but never Turkish. We should try learning it. You and I." He kisses the top of my head.

"Hmm. Where are we going anyway?" I enquire but he taps his nose, something he's been doing since I first asked him. "Come on, Marcus. Why not?" I practically tug on his arm in desperation. "Please."

"It'a surprise. One that will make you very happy." He summarises. "Why would I want to ruin it for you?" He rubs his nose playfully against mine, but it doesn't faze me. "Marcus......"

           *****************

Less than an hour later, all the possessions I've brought with me are stuffed neatly and organized into a suitcase and we've just arrived at a local French airport. "So we're going to another country? Oh, great, the adventure continues." I huff, rolling down the window to see more clearly.

"It doesn't look so busy. We shouldn't be too long waiting for a flight." Marcus jumps out of the car and opens my door so I can get out. "Again with the formalities?" I scoff, pulling myself out. "I have to show respect to my mate. It's an unwritten rule." He says importantly and I sigh at him.

"It's a male dominance thing. I get it." I shrug, going around to Felix to collect my suitcase. "Please, Lee, let me carry it." He tries to keep a hold on it but I pull it out of his grasp. "I'm just as much of a man as you two are." I give them both a hard look and they sigh at me.

"I'm a man in strength levels. A man in violence. A man in attitude." I glance at Marcus. "Most importantly, I'm a man when it comes to be able to protect and look after myself." I pull out the handle and drag it towards the airport entrance. "Hurry up!" I call over my shoulder to them.

"We'll miss the flight. Wherever we're going." I smirk, walking through the doors and instantly feeling a blast of hot air from the body heat of everyone rushing around in time to make their flights.

The loud sounds of hustle and bustle from the drag of suitcases and people chattering animately to each other. Marcus and Felix catch up with me and murmur quietly to each other. "What are you two mumbling about?" I snark, taking a seat on the cold metal benches that are scattered about everywhere.