Chapter 70: Unexpected Intruder?

Felix has kindly let me plot out a revenge plan for Jeanie's return for when eventually make our way back home. It's been just over three weeks in the cabin and I'm starting to get quite used to it. And attached.

"This could be our holiday home if we come to France together." I voice my plans to Felix as I roll my dough, up to my elbows in flour. "For me and Marcus." I add. I'm making shortbread biscuits and the dough smells pretty cool so I'm guessing it'll turn out halfway decent.

It's my first time trying baking on my own and it's turning out to be a success. Felix lifts his head from my notepad filled with revenge plots and frowns at me. "Lee, I must say, these plans are quite unrealistic." He admits, closing the pad and pushing it away.

"Unrealistic how?" I fold my arms at him before realising I'm covered in flour. "Fuck." I dust off my shirt quickly. Clumsiness overload.

Felix gives me a look, before reading from the sheet. "Chop off Jeanie's head....kill remaining soldiers.....find Marcus.....emigrate to Turkey." He says with disbelief in his voice. "Turkey is a very hot and beautiful country." I defend. "I've always wanted to go there." I add.

"And besides." I continue regardless. "I'm more than capable of killing Jeanie."

"Lee. Not many humans can kill vampires." He points out fairly. "Ok, then change me." I shrug. "Why not, eh?" I start to cut organized squares out of my shortbread. "It'll be cool."

"You'd have to ask your parents, not me. Maybe they'd prefer you to stay human." He suggests. "Yeah and then I'll grow older than them." I retort. "Awkward as fuck." I cringe at the idea of being older than my parents. It would change everything.

"It's a load of shit. If I want to change, then I should." I defend myself, carefully placing the tray in the oven before coming back into the living room and sitting opposite Felix on the windowsill.

"You shouldn't sit up there." He points at me. "You'll fall." He adds. "Oh well." I shrug, setting the timer for fifteen minutes. "Not long now." I add. "Though I'm starving so it'll feel like an eternity." I grip my stomach in exaggerated agony, the hunger pains strong.

"I've already told you. Your pizza is in the oven and you will not be eating shortbread until your pizza has digested." He insists firmly. I roll my eyes at him. "You're such a grandpa." I stress the word and he gives me a halfhearted glare. "Lee. I'n very worried for the sake of our coven. Many of us may not live through this battle. We don't know how many Jeanie will have."

"I ran away and now she wants to kill us all?" I scoff. "She needs to take her menopause medication." I let out an inevitable laugh and he sighs. "In addition, I'm disturbed." He meets my eyes. "You're not the only one away from your mate." He says surprisingly.

I blink at him, shocked. "You said you'd never found love!" I stammer. "That night in the dungeons. That's what you said." I add quieter. Felix turns away from me. "I only said that so I could pretend. It would make it easier for me to deal with." He admits, slumping at the revelation.

"Who is she? Or he?" I add. "She." He says softy. "Heidi." He admits. I gasp. "Pretty Heidi? Lady in the red dress? No wonder she was never interested in Liam!" I realise. "It's because she was already with you." I turn to him smiling. "He had a huge crush on her when he arrived." I admit and Felix smiles and nods as if he understands.

"She's a very beautiful woman." He smiles proudly. "My wife. Well....almost. We plan to marry shortly after this ordeal is over." He looks hopeful at the sound of such bright plans for the future.
"I'm sure it'll be an amazing ceremony." I nod. "Miss Sulpicia will be organizing it. So yes, it should be incredible." He agrees with me.

"Has she picked out her dress?" I enquire, laying across the sofa instead. The windowsill is a little harder and colder than I'd prefer. "She has although I'm not allowed to see it. It'll be strange to see her in white." He smiles at the image and I nod. Heidi is a red kind of girl, not white.

"Will you have children?" I ask and he shrugs. "I'm not sure I'm meant to be a parent." He decides. "I'm too much of a giant, too monstrous." He sums up and sighs. "I wouldn't want to scare them." He says quietly.

"Hey now, you're a BFG." I summarise. "BFG?" He gives me a startled and confused look. "Yeah. Big, friendly giant." I explain. "It was a story by Roald Dahl."

"I'm not a friendly type of man. I am cruel, violent, yet loving but only to the rare few." He says quietly. "I think my shortbread's done." I rise and open the oven, the hot blast of air attacks my face. "Ow." I complain and carefully retrieve the tray from the shelf. "They're done." I assess, poking them gently.

I lay the shelf on the counter and waltz back into the living room. "Guess who can bake really good shortbread?" I gesture to myself proudly. "This kid." I hook my thumbs towards myself. Felix smiles at me. "Well done." He smiles. "Aye." I agree, looking towards the shelf. "Very well done indeed."

         *******************

It's nearing eleven o'clock at night and I'm wrapped up in a fleecy blanket in my bedroom, engrossed in a book I bought at an English bookshop. I've realised that I've become increasingly interested in crime novels. This book is by Alex Marwood called The Killer Next Door and it's really good. I think these books may even be making me smarter.

Right as I'm getting to the good part, and am about to find out the killer's identity I hear a faint tapping. "Felix?" I call out, knowing that it's probably him coming in from hunting. There is no answer. I can't hear his footsteps but the tapping persists, getting closer along the wall towards my bedroom.

"It's not funny." I warn. Why do I always get involved in situations like this? I sometimes feel like I'm in my own personal horror movie. Suddenly the window decides to start opening and my heart plummets in fright, even more so when I peer in surprise at my curtains, a shadow appearing behind them. The window latches are loosening. I can see hands pulling.

Someone is trying to get in.

"Right, I'm warning you, you bastard, get away from my window and fuck off!" I try my best intimidating voice but the hands continue to try pulling open the window. Shit shit shit.
The shadow looms larger, covering the entire window, clearly through my curtains I can see it.

Jesus Christ. One side of me wants to pack up as many possessions and run into the woods, hoping to find Felix so he can protect me. The usual brave side of me wants to fling open the curtains to see whoever it is that is at the other side of the window and knock them into the ground.

"I swear to God, I will floor you if you come through that window." I stand up on my bed, discarding the blanket and standing tall so I can pounce on whoever comes through.

Then I hear the latches snap off the entire window and it's foundation falls out of it's place and smashes, glass flying everywhere. I scream out of instinct, desperately trying to cover myself from the shards of glass flying around.

I throw myself off the bed and kneel beside it, throwing my arms across it for protection, gripping it tightly. I hear the intruder climb through the destroyed window space, grunting as he lands on glass. My suspicions dissolve when I hear the grunts. It's not Jeanie as I thought. It's a man.

The intruder stops moving and I can feel his eyes on me even though I'm not looking at him. At least I think it's a man.

I peer out through the gap between my arms, and my heart stops before rising again. No way. Oh God. Jesus, am I hallucinating?

"Lee? Are you hurt?" He asks gently. "No way, God, no fucking way." My heart hammers in my chest at the sight. Oh Jesus Christ. "Am I glad to see you." He smiles.

(A/N, Hey guys! How's life? I know updates are slow right now but I'm currently doing my GCSE'S at school. For you American dudes, that means I'm leaving school in June and I'm doing my exams. There's 18 of them so I'm a bit stressed.

So, who do you think has climbed through Lee's window? Is it someone familiar or a complete stranger? An accomplice of Jeanie's perhaps? Comment who you think it is below.

Until then, see you soon
VampireLover_xox