Chapter 62: I'm Going To Miss This

After at least an hour of silence, I know the two of us are still awake, hands still clasped. Half of me wants to cling to Marcus and kiss him. The other half wants to slap him and yell at him for his insulting comments.

Eventually, I can't stand it no more. "I don't understand, Marcus." I start.
He turns to me.
"How can you wear a suit in bed? Surely it's uncomfortable?" I ask.

He rolls over to face me and sighs. "And here I am thinking you were about to say something meaningful." He shakes his head.
"You know I don't do 'meaningful', Marcus." I smirk, shifting a little closer to him. He seems pleased by me getting closer to him and his arm slowly starts to wrap around my waist. "Go ahead." I shrug.

His arms envelope me as he pulls me in. "Are you going to continue with this nap, or are you getting up?" He plays with my hair, running his fingers through it. "I'm going back to sleep. Don't be so selfish, I'm exhausted." I poke his shoulder and he smiles. "Alright then, I'll let you sleep."
He rolls onto 'his' side of the bed and closes his eyes.

"I love you." He murmurs.
I glance over at him, the little furrow in his forehead. I lean over him and kiss it. "I love you too, beautiful man."
His smile widens and he relaxes, sinking into the bed.

I sleep for a few hours, stretched out on the bed beside Marcus, our hands entwined as we sleep.
When I wake up, I have a dry mouth and Marcus is sitting in my armchair.
He glances up at my murmurs of thirst and leans over me to hand me a glass of water.

He tips the glass to my lips and I drink, sipping the water, as he carefully balances it so I don't drink a huge mouthful.
He retrieves the glass and lands it on the beside table.
"I'm sorry for my comments earlier." He mumbles gruffly.

I glance at him. "You already apologised like a thousand times." I jump out of bed and down the rest of my water. "I've forgiven you."
Marcus twitches. "Sometimes I say things and they come out the wrong way." He explains softly. "Yeah, ok, I get it. Stop it now, it's getting boring." I shrug.

My bedroom door opens and Liam comes sprinting in, jumping about wildly. "LEE! I'M DYING! I'VE BEEN FUCKING POISONED!!" He throws himself onto the floor with a smack and goes still.

Marcus smiles. "And there you were saying about how everything was getting boring." He snarks sarcastically. I stick up my finger and make my way to Liam sprawled on the floor, mumbling to himself. "Fuck sake. Dying now. Dying before the age of twenty. What a shit life."

I roll him over onto his back so he faces me. "Hey." I cover his mouth with my hand so he stops mumbling gibberish. "What's all this about you being poisoned?" I demand. His eyes widen and he sits up suddenly. "Caius! He poisoned me." He insists. "Yeah, I'm having a hard time believing that one...." I trail off as I hear Caius's voice echoing down the corridor.

"William? Where are you, darling? It's alright now, I've got rid of the cheese."
Wait, cheese?
I turn to Liam. "Why's Dad talking about cheese?"
Liam leans in to hiss quietly. "He poisoned me with cheese. He made me a cheese sandwich and afterwards....I checked the date on the packet." He gags at the memory.

"Ok???" I question. "I don't understand." I add. "It was gone off cheese!" He explodes. "The date said the 24th. Today's the 27th!" He rolls over, clutching his stomach in fake agony. "You're such a drama queen." I kick him over so I can step to my bedside table and retrieve a thermometer.

"Don't check my temperature, Lee. I'd only end up infecting you." He says solemly. Marcus smirks in amusement from his corner of the room. "Infect me with what?" I ask.
"Cheese-in-gitis." He explains seriously. Marcus smirks again. "Like meningitis?" I check and Liam nods. "Cheese-in-gitis." He repeats.

Suddenly, Caius has discovered Liam's whereabouts and comes barging into my room.
"ARGH!" Liam screams and rushes into my wardrobe for protection. Caius smiles and plays along with their game.
"William?" He stands outside the doors of the wardrobe.

"Come out, come out, wherever you are." He smiles. "William!" His tone changes. "Come out now!" Liam reluctantly peeks out of one of the doors and Caius pounces on him. "Aha! I tricked you with my powerful voice of authority." He laughs, pulling him into his arms for a playfight.
"That's not fair, that's cheating!" Liam yells in protest as Caius tickles him with no mercy. "You're such a dickhead." He adds and Caius sighs. "No swearing." He warns. Liam sits up so Caius releases him. "So you're allowed to cheat by tricking me but I'm not allowed to swear? That's cold, bro." He tuts.

Caius just smiles. "The term is 'brother', however I am not your brother I am your father." He educates and Liam rolls his eyes. "How adorable." Caius praises. "You're acting like a regular teenager. How clever of you." He applauds. "Ha ha. What a comedian, my sides are splitting." He says flatly.

"At least I have humour." Caius sighs to himself. "Lee." He turns to me. "Is our shopping trip still on for tomorrow?" He announces it in front of Marcus who looks confused. "Do you mind?" I ask him who shakes his head.
"You can spend time with your father." He concludes. "I can have a quiet time reading." He smiles at the thought.

"Dude, you have a sad life." Liam mumbles from the floor. Marcus sits up. "Excuse me, reading can be very beneficial. You learn several things. Just like I have with this book about ghosts." He responds. "Ok, hit me with the facts." Liam challenges playfully and Caius turns to listen.

"Well," says Marcus, under pressure, flicking the book to a certain page. "Here we are." He clears his throat. "The word 'poltergeist' is German, for 'noisy spirit'." He concludes. Liam nods, seemingly impressed. "Fair enough," He nods and Caius smiles.

"Maybe I should start reading more." Liam shrugs. "It might boost my general knowledge." He adds quietly. Caius nods in agreement. "Exactly. You are quite a dumb child." He smirks and Liam rolls his eyes. "Thanks Dad."

"I'm going to miss you guys." I say to them both. They glance at me. "You're going to university, right?" Liam asks. "Yes. And so should you." Caius instructs firmly. "What are you interested in?" He asks.

"Prostitution." Liam replies.
"I was once." Caius pipes up. We all stare at him. "But that was a long time ago of course." He says quickly.