Chapter 39: The Part With No Name

Caius swerves and somehow pulls up more or less straight on a pavement. We look out of the window. We're at some sort of history museum. "What are we doing here?" Athenadora asks. "Beating up Marcus." Caius smirks, gets out and opens the car door. He pulls Marcus out and they fall onto the floor.

Caius slaps him and Marcus punches him harder. They're on top of each other, playfully hitting each other like a pair of rival schoolboys. Even better, we're at the side of the road. At least this street is quiet. There's hardly anyone around, so it's not too embarassing. "Oh for goodness sake!" Athenadora moans. "Oh don't complain Thena! It's quite entertaining. I think I might join them." Sulpicia undoes her seatbelt and runs out to them. "Well this is going to be interesting." Demetri says to me.

Sulpicia rushes towards Caius and Marcus with a battle cry that could wake up the dead. She charges at them and jumps, landing on top of Marcus with poor Caius squished underneath like some adult version of pile on. Demetri laughs amd shakes his head. "In a way, I'm glad I came here. That way, you found me and now this is happening." He smiles to himself. "I mean, we're a family right?" He says. "Look at them."

Sulpicia has taken off her high heels and has started spanking Caius with them. Marcus seems to be having a bit of time out, watching the two of them. "Is that even legal?" Demetri asks. "What?" Athenadora looks at him. "She's spanking your husband. I mean, it'd be ok if she spanked Aro because he's her husband, but-"

"Stop stop!" Athenadora protests. "Please! I don't want to think about Sulpicia spanking Aro, ok?" She groans, rubbing her eyes. "Seriously, these visual images are too much. Now I will permanently have an image of them burned into my mind." She shakes her head. Demetri smiles sheepishly. "What happens in their bedroom should stay there." She preaches. Demetri nods.

"Ugh, my eyes would burn if I ever saw that." I groan. Athenadora nods agreement. "I think I've mentally scarred the two of you." Demetri smiles softly. "Yes, you have." Athenadora shakes her head. We head out to break up the 'fight', where Sulpicia has calmed down and is smiling to herself, whereas Caius and Marcus are yelling at each other. "You're such a waste of space Caius." He jokes. They pull themselves off the floor, brushing each other down.

"Oohhh," Caius hollers. "It looks like we'll be continuing with this bitch fest back home as well." He smirks. Marcus glares playfully.
"Are you allowed to spank someone else's husband?" Demetri asks again once we've set back off. Marcus, Caius and Sulpicia glare at him, confused as hell, while Athenadora and I rub our eyes and groan at the memory.

"Let's leave it at that." Athenadora snaps. "I don't know what I'm going to do when I see Aro. I'll feel weird." She shudders. I give a small grin. "What's that supposed to mean?" Sulpicia leans forward in her seat, glaring at the three of us. Demetri and I share a guilty look while Athenadora whistles ever so discreetly. "Nothing." We chorus. "If you were making jokes about my husband then I'-"
"Stop it Sulpicia. Nobody made fun of Aro." Athenadora smirks.
"Liars." She mumbles.

******************************
We spent the rest of the week in Norway and last night flew home back to Italy thankfully with Demetri.
It's the day after flying home, and I'm in my room putting souvenirs on my shelves when Liam storms in, looking pissed as hell. "Look at this, it's getting worse." He groans, thrusting a newspaper at me.
I force myself to read the headline.

TWO MISSING ORPHAN TEENS NOW PRESUMED DEAD

"Oh shit." I groan. "The article says the authorities are starting up a search party looking for our bodies. Can you believe it?" He shakes his head sadly. "They genuinely think we're dead." I flop onto my bed, sighing. "Come on, try to lighten up. You have a wedding to plan." He tries to smile to keep me positive. "Marcus is in the living room with some brochures. Off you go." He shoos playfully.

Inside the living room, Marcus is quite casually laid across his stomach on the floor, resting his chin on his upturned hands, flicking through wedding brochures. He looks up at me and smiles. "There are a lot of smart suits here," He announces. "Many of them would look great on you." He compliments. I give a small shrug and he frowns, reaching for me and positioning me to join him on the floor.

"Are you worried about the news article?" He asks gently. "Hmm." I murmur. "Here," He hands me one of the brochures. "Have a look." He smiles. I pore over the pages, scanning the various suits, trying to narrow it down to the ones I like. "They're all lovely." I shrug again. Marcus seems pleased with my response. "Yes they are." He nods. "I've already chosen mine." He announces.

"Show me," I push it towards him. He shakes his head and sweetly pecks my lips. "You'll have to wait until the wedding." He teases. "Asshole."
He tuts at me. "Will you always be so rude to me?" He pretends to be annoyed. "Yeah, probably." I nod.

Caius comes in, with a stack of papers. "I've just spent the afternoon in a solicitors office." He announces. "Ok...?" I try for more info. "Look," Caius hands me one piece of paper.

Made of this day, 2nd September 2016. I hereby declare Athenadora and Caius Volturi legal parents to Lee Corvin, and William Matthews.
Both Lee Corvin and William Matthews agree to them having full rights and as their guardians.

I jump up and wrap my arms around Caius's neck. "This is amazing." I nod. "Amazing." Caius nods agreement. "Well...let's celebrate.....Dad." I stammer. Dad. I've never called anyone Dad before. Ever. Caius smiles at me, choked with emotion. "There's not much time for celebrating, darling. You have a wedding to sort. Remember?" He smiles.

"How is planning coming along?" He asks. "Heidi has already prepared decorations for the venue; the garden. Demetri has finally come to his senses and is finding us someone to act as a vicar. Liam is helping with the men's outfits while Sulpicia helps with the women's." Marcus explains.

"They are?!" This is news to me. "Why didn't anyone tell me? I am the bride!" I over exaggerate. "Hush my love. Marcus means well." Caius fake tuts at him. "Oh well. At least if he annoys me you'll beat him up, right?" I ask, arms around his waist. "Of course! Anything for my daughter." He kisses my head lightly.

"We should go out drinking soon." He decides randomly. "Drinking? Last time that happened, I was almost killed, remember?" I remind him. He gives me a look as if I'm stupid. "If it wasn't for Felix, you'd never have met Marcus." He points out. True, I'll have to thank Felix some time.

"Well I'll leave you to it. You better get planning. The wedding's in two weeks." He walks through the door.
"What? Two weeks? Get back here!" I follow Caius down the corridor panicking, but he doesn't seem the slightest bit worried. "Tut tut Lee, can't you handle it? Get back in that living room and organise your wedding." He narrows his eyes at me. "Now."