Waiting to be Judged

Start from the beginning

                “I will if it’s true,” Xander smiled.

                We walked out of the room and down the stairs. We would be leaving in half an hour or so and some bags had already been placed in the cars we were going down in. Xander, myself, Michael, Rebecca, Julia and Tim as well as a few warriors. It was going to be like a little convoy of us going.

                I grabbed some toast and orange juice. Xander grabbed himself some food too which we quickly ate. I stayed in the kitchen while Xander went off to talk with Alex to make sure he was set for the next two days to cover the pack. I finished off my food before walking to the main entrance. I sat on one of the stairs as I thought about what was to come.

                All the main packs were going to be there. The Alphas of the majority of packs were going to be the jury and they would decide my fate. I could live or die today and it wouldn’t be my choice. I was sick of that. I was sick of my life being taken out of my hands. For years, I had been oppressed by my father and now I was being oppressed by the Werewolf Council. That was the hypocrisy of society I guess.

                “Things will be ok, you know?” Rebecca spoke.

                “I hope so Rebecca. Things have just seemed to finally go my way but now… I don’t know. It is all being decided by others again,” I explained.

                “I’m sorry,” she replied.

                “What for? It isn’t you making the decisions,” I smiled.

                “If I was it would be a lot simpler than life is right now,” Rebecca explained.

                I smiled at that. I realised it was nearly time to go. Tim and Julia walked in along with Michael, Xander and a couple of warriors. I stood up and went over to Xander. He hugged me close and kissed the top of my head. He didn’t need to say anything. I knew what he was thinking.

                We walked out of the pack house and into the cars. Xander and I sat in the back of one with Michael driving and Rebecca beside him. The journey was silent most of the way. Xander and I just sat in the back with our hands entwined together. His thumb ran soothingly back and forth across my hand which even a simple motion like that calmed me.

                Every mile closer. Every highway we drove on, I knew we were getting closer to the Werewolf Council. It was going to be scary and there were going to be a lot of angry people out for blood. The rogue pack had caused so much devastation and loss of life. Packs and family were lost and everyone felt it. So I knew that emotions would be incredibly high.

                It came round fast as we began driving through a winding path through incredibly thick forest. I suddenly felt extremely nervous. Anything could happen. They could change their mind and kill me on the spot for all I know. I was just hoping that luck would be on my side once again. I knew my mum would be looking out for me and Xander and my new family would be there to support me.

                I watched out of the front window intently as the first glimpse of the Werewolf Council residence appear into existence. It was a grey place. Everything about it screamed dominance and power. It was quite frankly intimidating. It was grey and very structured, it was a place of punishment and sanctions and in some cases death. This would be where my future would be decided.

                I sighed nervously realising I had been holding my breath.

                “It’s going to be fine,” Xander soothed.