Starting to Recover

17,000 reads. That is awesome.

Thank you for all of the support,

Vote, Comment, Follow,

Enjoy,

Chloe x

Chapter 28

                The whip crashed against my skin. Again. And Again. Each time it would come. Each time I felt the pain ripple throughout my body. I was hanging from the ceiling in that room. That white room. The vibrant red blood scattered violently across the surface. The rhythmic drips of blood that fell onto the tiles.

                I looked up into the eyes of my father. They glinted in excitement. He looked like a mad man. The violent, evil glance. The deranged glare from his eyes. He stalked around me, slowly and steadily. Each step was purposeful and calculating. Each step thudded against the floor. He was stalking me like and animal who was stalking his pray. I was helpless.

                I hated being helpless.

                I always want to be in control. Something I didn’t get often. He stalked around me. I watched him. I watched his every step.

                “I never wanted you.”

                “You were a burden of your bitch of a mother!”

                “I should kill you.”

                “I will kill your mate. Torture him and make you watch his death.”

                “I will tear you apart.”

                His voice echoed these phrases constantly around the small tiled room. It was constant. Each time they degraded me more and more. The words overlapped each other into to just one chorus of hatred towards me. They clouded my mind and I hated it. I screamed out.

                I watched as he brought the whip back up to bring it down against my skin…

                “Jen. Jen. Wake up! Jen!” I heard Xander speak, as my body was shaken slightly.

                My eyes flickered open and a scared whimper escaped from my lips. I felt some tears stream down my face. I sat up ignoring the pain from my body which protested at my movement. Xander pulled me too him. My head rested against his chest as his arms circled me. His hand went to my head and his fingers entwined within my hair soothingly. He shushed me quietly as I cried into his chest.

                “Shhh. It is just a nightmare. He is gone. He can’t hurt you anymore,” Xander soothed, “You are Jennifer Holly Turner. You are eighteen years old and part of the Silver Moon Pack. Say it to yourself.”

                I sighed, “I am Jennifer Holly Turner. I am eighteen years old and part of the Silver Moon Pack.”