Chapter 45

"Are you telling me you haven't studied at all?!" I exclaim in shock as I stare at Emily from across the lunch room table. She and Nate were having a conversation that I zoned myself out of, but her words of not studying dragged me out of my sheltered brain in shock.

"N-no." She says shyly.

"Why?!" I shout closing my textbook as I bore holes into her with my eyes.

"I've been busy." She replies lamely making me roll my eyes, when she sees the look in my eye she groans before continuing. "Fine, I chose not too. It makes no sense, we both know my plan is to stay here and take over dad's gym. I've been working there since I was thirteen, it's basically mine."

"Yeah, but still you should at least try." I press making her sigh.

"For you, I'll flip through some books. Happy?"

"Very." I reply with a wide smile before I transfer my attention to Nate. "And you? Have you been studying?"

"As a matter of fact, I am. I already have my mother up my ass about university so you can rest easy love." He says planting a light kiss on my forehead.

"Which university?" I ask hoping he wouldn't try to close the conversation like he'd been doing frequently.

"Which ever one would take me." He replies with a shrug, I hide the relief which floods through my body. If he was interested now I just had to get him to apply for Brown, or at least one in the same city as me. I rather have that conversation in private though, so I reluctantly decided to drop the topic and return to my works.

"How have your scores been in the practice exams?" Nate asks dragging me away from my work.

"Right where I need them to be, I want to get a little higher for some sort of scholarship though. Take the load of the parents a bit." I say with a weak smile as he nods his head in understanding. "What about you?"

"Around two thousand." The water Emily was drinking pouring all over her as my mouth dropped straight to the floor. I stare at him in disbelief as my body stays perfectly still in it's new statuesque form.

"I thought you said two thousand, because that would be insane and not possible and i-insane!" Emily shouts hysterically as she tried to clean her drowning clothes.

"This is why I don't like talking to people about this sort of stuff." He says with a shrug, "I'm doing the university thing for my parents, tattoo artist in the making remember?"

"But you're like a genius! You could go to Harvard or something with those scores!" She exclaims taking the words straight out of my gaping mouth. (A.N : Stop Leslie ya nasty)

"Don't want to." He says with a shrug. "Can we drop it please?"

"No we can't, you're a Sheldon Cooper with tattoos!" She exclaims making me laugh.

"That's more of an insult than a compliment." He says with a clearly, disinterested glare. "I don't want to have this conversation." He says before getting up and leaving in a hurry. Emily begins to get up to go after him but I stop her.

"Let me handle it." She stares at me in shock before nodding quickly, I give her a weak smile before gathering my things and heading to the one place I knew he'd go. As expected the roof door was unlocked, I slip in before closing it behind me. My eyes find Nate leaning over to railing looking over the town instead of in his usual lawn chair.

"You can't hide from me Nathaniel." I say making his head snap my way, he smiles as he opens his arms for me. I don't hesitate to slip my body into his arms, soaking in that rich warmth that drove me crazy.