Chapter 8

Andy's P.O.V

After we left the party we went straight to Emily's house and headed for her room, I jumped on her bed just wanting to escape in the fuzzy sheets.

"Oh no you don't! I've been incomprehensibly patient, now spill." She says firmly.

"Emily.....I had no idea you could say words with more than three syllables." I say in disbelief.

"Stop deflecting and tell me what happened." She says ignoring my comment. I sat up reluctantly and told her everything that happened, from the drinks to the dancing. I cringed at the memory of some things I did at the party. When I started talking about the argument, the pain from his words returned and so did my tears.

"I'm going to kill him when I see him." She says when I finish, pulling me into a bear hug, causing me to laugh a bit.

My phone buzzes and Emily picks it up.

" 'The Devil' is calling." She says confused showing me the caller ID.

"That's Nate...." I reply, Emily answers the call in complete rage.

"Hello dickface, this is Emily. My best friend, Andy....you know the HOPELESS ROMANTIC WHOSE GOING TO DIE ALONE, can't come to the phone right now." She finishes pleasantly.

"Emily I just need to ta-"

"You don't need shit! Just let me get my hands on you Nathaniel, your a dead man." She says with a psychopathic laugh.

"Emily just hang up." I say.

"Is that Andy? Tell her I'm sorry, I'm at her house right now but her parents said she's staying by you. I just want to talk to her." He says, I clench my chest and shake my head when Emily offers the phone.

"Well she doesn't want to see you. So bye FUCKTARD!" She shouted before hanging up proudly.

"I just want to go to sleep." I say and she nods simpaticaly, I don't even remember falling asleep. I just remember my pillow being slightly damp and the pain.

-------------------

I woke up to the annoying buzzing of my phone, with over fifty miss calls and hundreds of text messages all from Nate. I groan as the memory of everything that happened last night returned to me all at once.

When did my life become one of crying over boys, going to parties and waking up with a slight hangover. I always avoided things like this because it always lead to trouble, now look at me.

I slip out of the bed and make my way to Emily's bathroom. After erasing all traces of last night, I borrow one of her plain shirts and shorts pants. I quickly shoved my stuff into a bag and quietly slipped out her house. I knew she'd want to talk and she'd be worried and I just need a little me time now.

I placed my earphones in my ears and blasted my favourite album 'Don't you' as I started walking, it suited my mood and made me happy despite the obvious sad undertones.

The streets were mostly clear and the wind was strong today, I had a secret love for nature and I smiled as I watched the trees dance with the wind. I loved the small things like that, the simple clouds in the sky, the random butterfly. Those little things brightened my mood as I continued to walk.

I knew I'd have to face Nate eventually, but right now I didn't want to think about him, so I didn't. I walked peacefully and slowly made my way to my house.