Chapter Seventeen

THIS CHAPTER IS NOT EDITED OR READ THROUGH AT ALL! SORRY IF IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE! I WILL EDIT IT THROUGHOUT THE WEEK I PROMISE!

As soon as Stefani walked into the ballet studio with Demi and an excited Marissa close behind, they were greeted by Stefani’s ballet teacher, who could not have been more excited to see Stefani. After all, it wasn’t often a teacher got to witness such natural talent and beautiful technique at the tender age of just eleven.

“Hello Stefani. Did you have a wonderful Thanksgiving?” The teacher asked, only to receive an awkwardly guilty look from Demi. Stefani nodded with a massive smile; if only the teacher knew what they had all been through within the last few days.

“Would you like to work on something in studio A? It’s available for a few hours.” The teacher asked, hoping to get some time to speak to Demi about her concerns with Stefani. She trusted that Stefani told Demi over the break like she asked.

Stefani nodded and dragged Marissa into the studio to practice. Marissa’s fan-girling was taken to a whole new level when she saw the barre and mirrors; she became all nostalgic as she reminisced her childhood. “What are you waiting for?” Stefani asked as she began stripping down to her ballet tights and leotard.

Marissa excitedly latched on to the barre like a parrot clutching a branch from a tree, waiting for Stefani to teach her something. Stefani rolled her eyes. “For one, do NOT hold the barre that way. You only need to hold it lightly, like this.” Stefani insisted, showing Marissa the correct way to hold on to the wooden pole attached to the wall.

“When do we get to do pirouettes?” Marissa whined, sick of the barre after Stefani taught her how to properly plie, which took almost twenty minutes.

Stefani grunted. “Once you’ve mastered the barre” She replied in a demanding tone. Marissa was starting to regret this ballet lesson. She was sure Stefani was even stricter than the teacher herself.

“Demi is it?” The ballet teacher asked, prompting Demi to take a seat in her office. Demi nodded with a warm smile. “Pleased to meet you.”

“Pleased to meet you too, uhh?” Demi said, realizing she actually didn’t know the woman’s name

“Call me Eva.” The ballet teacher said sweetly. “I was wondering if Stefani spoke to you over the break?” Eva said hesitantly, trying to approach this in the right manner.

Demi paused for a moment in silence, her vision darting to her feet. “She didn’t have to say anything. We k-kinda found out while we were away.” Demi said sadly, remembering that awful day, and how close they were to losing Stefani.

Eva stayed quiet, listening to Demi, wondering if there was more to the situation. “I did suspect the issue.” She said sympathetically.

“S-Stefani attempted suicide while we were away, after a binge.” Demi blurted out, not knowing if she should have been so explicit about it.

Eva took a deep breath and held it for a moment, taking in the news. She knew Stefani was troubled, but she didn’t ever think an eleven year old would do something like that. “Do you mind if I take her out for lunch one day next week? I think I would like to have a chat with her.” Eva suggested. She needed Stefani to know just how talented, and how much potential she has to go far in the ballet world.

“I think that would be a great idea. She really looks up to you.” Demi replied, hoping that Stefani would be able to see what she is doing may jeopardize her whole career before it even gets a chance to happen.

“How would Monday at twelve suit?” Eva asked, knowing that Stefani did not attend a public school.

“Monday at twelve would be great. Thank you so much Eva, I appreciate it.” Demi replied sincerely, her thoughts trailing off for a moment.