Chapter 7

Seth viewed gloomy landscape of the desert's grey sands rising in front of him. He stared at the darkness, completely thoughtless. The timing of his travel was so bad, he didn't want to leave Kisara alone right now…But he had no other choice. His father heard about some Kaa source in a village far away in the desert, and of course he sent Seth here even without letting him change his priest outfit. Seth came back home from his work at Ra's temple and heard about the travel. And he had to go immediately; he didn't have time to see Kisara before the travel. (She must be angry with me…I'm not going to be there to help her…The wedding is in two weeks from now, and I can't get back soon enough. It is not possible for me to make it.) Anger towards his father and the Pharaoh burned in his heart as his convoy moved slowly into the grey eternity.

Seth was worried about Kisara. He knew the Pharaoh wouldn't wait for him to return and call Mahado to do the traditional ceremony. Seth wouldn't be able to save Kisara before the wedding, but maybe after that…But she would be left heartbroken. (She must be wondering how could I do that to her…Well, I couldn't do anything. But I will take revenge on Atemu for taking her from me, and I'm going to make sure my father pays for that. He was mean to me my entire life, but this time what he did was the last straw!)

"Priest Seth," said one of his companions "We will make a stop for the night soon." Seth only nodded and fixed his eyes back on the gloomy horizons.

"I just don't get what is happening here," said Atemu as he laid Kisara on her bed and lightly brushed the hair out of her face "She is in so much stress now she just can't take it, but I don't understand why." Mahado's eyes followed Atemu silently as he covered Kisara with the blankets.

Ikana entered the room almost running with a cup of her special tea she held in her shaking hands, and waited for Atemu to move so she can get close to Kisara and try to give her the drink. Atemu allowed her to do so, and stood near Mahado, watching as Ikana talked to Kisara softly, trying to convince her to wake up and drink the tea.

"What do you think about this?" asked Atemu quietly. Mahado looked at Atemu, and blinks of understanding appeared in his eyes. "It seems to me I can now connect a few things I heard lately…Maybe these are nothing but mere rumors, but I believe every rumor I hear have some truth in it. We should talk, your majesty. Please let's do it in some other place. Let Kisara rest for now." he murmured.

"That's alright." said Atemu as he got closer to Ikana that was sitting on the bed and helping Kisara to drink the warm beverage. "How is she?" he inquired softly. "She will be just fine, your majesty," said Ikana "Please don't worry. You should do as Master Mahado told you, and let Kisara sleep."

"I'm going now, but I will see you later, Kisara," said Atemu, and looked into her beautiful eyes rising weakly to meet his "Please don't worry."

He turned around, his cloak waving behind him, and left along with Mahado. The men headed down into the second floor, and got into the Judge Hall. Mahado waited patiently for the Pharaoh to permit him to speak. He bowed his head lightly and said "You know, your majesty, I noticed that Kisara was acting somehow strange when we talked about your wedding…"

"Yes, but that's only because she is afraid from the event, that's all." interrupted him Atemu shortly.

Mahado's gaze was fixed on the floor. "Now she seemed too MUCH worried in my eyes. It is not excitement, Atemu. It is more than that. She is afraid of the wedding, but she is terrified of you…In addition, I think there's something to do with Seth in this case. She panicked like this when you told her he went away and won't be doing the ceremony. I think it is good that he is away."

"What are you telling me?" said Atemu, blinks of anger and disbelief appearing in his voice when he got the idea of Mahado "You are saying that Kisara and Seth have something together? But how can it be?"