Chapter 6

Pharaoh Atemu was sitting on a large balcony in the height of the fifth floor. The sun was slowly rising up the desert, coloring the sand, the walls, the pyramids and the statues with pure gold. His country and at the same time his homeland, the place he ruled and loved was stretched before him, greeting him inall its glory.

Atemu remembered the empty horizons, the deserted and ruined fields, the burnt villages and the scared people when the forces of Darkness attacked Egypt. He was the one who defeated the Evil although he was only 15 years old. Then he was crowned King of Egypt.

He hadn't wasted any time; he had to rebuild the country, the villages and the farms, reinforce the army and prove to the ancient world he can rule the greatest kingdom ever. And he did it, as best as he could.

At that time when he was sitting in this peaceful morning light, the horizons were full of buildings and some magnificent palaces, architectonical magic indedd. The fields near the Nile were flourishing, the people were productive and Egypt had trade relations with other countries nearby.

Atemu had everything he wanted. Yet he lacked one thing, and he wished it would change soon. He wanted to marry and build a future with his wife, and Kisara was the one he loved. He wished she would love him back just as he loved her. He saw her several times, when her father brought her to couple of festive events in the palace, and fell in love with her. (But how does she feel?) thought Atemu as he got up and walked into his rooms. The sun glittered in his window's glass, and Atemu leant to fish out his pyramid necklace from the box of jewels he had, and then he went out the room and down the stairs. After all, he was the Pharaoh, and he had many important things to do.

Kisara was running wildly after Seth. She had to see him, to talk with him once again. She wanted just to see his face, to hear him say he loved her. Her legs were hitting the wet ground, as she run after him to the river. Although he was walking slowely and she was running as fast as she could, she couldn't reach him.

"Seth! Please wait! Don't go away! Seth!" shouted Kisara, only to discover her voice was gone. She couldn't hear the words she was speaking. She tried to run faster, but Seth was getting away.

"Seth!" she called after him, running even faster, trying to touch him. She sank more and more in the river. Her clothes were already soaked wet, her hair fell into her eyes. "Please wait for me!" she pleaded, as she was almost drowning.

Her hand reached to touch him, but it passed right through.

"NO! Don't leave me! You promised!" Kisara started to scream as the water engulfed her, carrying her through the shadows to the depths.

As Atemu was walking in the corridors, he suddenly heard a horrible, yet familiar scream; he turned back and ran.

He opened the door to Kisara's room violently, and looked in amazement at Kisara screaming and crying in her sleep. He reached her bed, and sat down, looking at her with confused eyes. "Kisara?" he asked, touching her face gently. Tears were forming in her tightly closed eyes. "Kisara, wake up! What's going on with you?" he asked, shaking her again and again.

Kisara turned around, her eyes fluttering but hadn't woken up yet. "Kisara, wake up!" said Atemu harshly and struck her across the face. That caused her to open her eyes in a fearful whimper. She looked at Atemu's worried and regretful eyes.

"I'm sorry," he said quietly "I just couldn't wake you up. Please forgive me." He leant forwards and kissed her cheek "I'm really sorry."

(Was it a dream? Was I talking? Did I call Seth's name and expose us? Oh no…) thought Kisara as more tears appeared in her ocean eyes, streaming down from both the pain of the blow and the fear.